Complaint Review: United States Trademark Registration Office

• Submitted: Wed, January 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: Jeff — San Francisco California United States of America
United States Trademark Registration Office
633 West Fifth Street, 28th floor Los Angeles, California United States of America

United States Trademark Registration Office "Trademark Registration and Monitoring Division" title and format poses as being part of the Trademark office itself Los Angeles, California

The title of the company and format of this mailing is deceptive- and poses to be part of the official government Trademark department.  The pricing is the same as my Trademark renewal fee itself, and the form makes me think that I am due to renew, in fact, missed my renewal date and am on grace time, and that submitting the fee will take care of it.  The renewal timeline is in bold on the form, as if this is clearly what the mailing is about.

However, a closer reading reveals that this is a company whose only purpose is to alert me when I need to pay the fee.  Basically, they want to trick me into paying $375 thinking that I'm renewing my Trademark, only to turn around next month and in their true capacity, tell me that I have to pay the real agency $375 to renew my Trademark.

Isn't there a law against a company calling itself "United States Trademark Registration Office: Trademark Registration and Monitoring Division" if it isn't a US government agency?  Doesn't the US government have a trademark on the term "Trademark Office" so that other people can't call themselves the "Trademark Office" in any misleading way?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Trademark-Registration-Office/Los-Angeles-California-90071-2005/United-States-Trademark-Registration-Office-Trademark-Registration-and-Monitoring-Divisio-818183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Trademark Registration Office