• Report: #1020274

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: patriot — USA
United States of America
11 wall street Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

United States of America (our Country) Outsourced my future to another country Washington District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Some thoughts.

After graduating college with B.S. in Biology, I was very excited for my future as a professional. Little did I know that most of the jobs within the science  industry are over seas. I did manage to land a job at a food and medical quality control lab, however, due to the business financial struggle, the company laid off all new staff including me. Now, I work at a factory that only offers poverty pay. According to the G.M. refugees, I have to stay there for 15 years in order to make 15 bucks an hour. This factory I work at buys junk from china and makes huge profits by paying Americans to assemble the junk. By the way, the currency that they use to pay Americans is dirt. The congress are responsible for this scenario I'm in since they passed the bills to allow outsourcing.

Like Bob Marley puts it, "You can fool some people some time but you cant fool them all the time. Stand up for your rights."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-of-America/Washington-District-of-Columbia-/United-States-of-America-our-Country-Outsourced-my-future-to-another-country-Washington-1020274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States of America

Some thoughts.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" Is the American dream to sell overpriced and poorly assembled China junk to poor Americans? "

In a word, yes.   The Walton family is living the American dream in a very big way.  They quickly learned that overpriced, poorly assembled Chinese junk is exactly what the American public wants to buy.  If that were not the case, they'd be out of business by now.

"  Little did I know that most of the jobs within the science  industry are over seas.  "

Depends on the science.    Did you do any research into job prospects for the holders of B.S. degrees in biology before deciding on a major?   They have never been very good.

"  By the way, the currency that they use to pay Americans is dirt.  "

This statement makes no sense.    You are either accepting handfuls of dirt as payment for your labor, or perhaps you're implying that you'd prefer to be payed in Yuan, Euros or Dinars.    I'm not sure which, but either way you'd lose.

Your basic problem is that you assumed that a B.S. in bio was going to turn into some magical career.   Like the philosophy grads, you're now learning that most people who stop at the bachelors degree do not end up working in that field.     If that level of skill were in demand, you'd have employment.   Sadly, all of the gainfully employed biologists that I know have 1 or 2 post-graduate degrees.

"  The congress are responsible for this scenario I'm in since they passed the bills to allow outsourcing. "

Sure.  Blame it on nameless politicians.    The fact of the matter is that in a global economy, we all must compete with job seekers from all over the world.   Congress didn't invent that.  Nor did they pass bills that "allowed" outsourcing.   Outsourcing has been going on since multinational corporations have existed.

" After shutting down the space shuttle program, Neil Armstrong would probably say that's one stupid step for man and one giant mistake for mankind. "

Why would you think such a ridiculous thing?   Neil was well aware of the folly of continuing to operate a program based on 30 yr. old technology that never met its stated goals.    I worked on the shuttle program when it began.  If I tried to employ 1981 technology in my current occupation,  I'd be laughed right out of a job.    The fact that you think this is something worth contiuning gives me some insight into your notions that the job market should be like it was in 1969.