Complaint Review: United Tel, LLC - Findyourdiet.com

www.findyourdiet.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-8771160
  • Web:
  • Category: Websites

United Tel, LLC - Findyourdiet.com billed my At&T telephone statement for $14.95 on 1/3/2009 without my knowledge or authorization, indicating a recurring monthly charge. Internet

*Author of original report: United Tel acct successfully credited

*Author of original report: Another phone contact with United Tel - this time positive

*Author of original report: Phoned United Tel Monday 2/2/2009 for refund

*Author of original report: Corrected date

Today, Saturday, January 30, 2009 I received my latest At&T telephone bill and was shocked to find an erroneous $14.95 charge from HBS Billing Services on behalf of United Tel, LLC - Findyourdiet.com. It appears to be a recurring monthly charge beginning 1/3/2009.

I did not order nor authorize this charge. When I phoned AT&T to dispute it I was told to call United Tel. When I phoned them I received a recorded message to call back Monday - Friday 8 am-8 pm Eastern time.

I will continue to pursue this until I receive a credit.Thank you for posting this Ripoff.

Jennifer
St Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2009 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Tel-LLC-Findyourdietcom/internet/United-Tel-LLC-Findyourdietcom-billed-my-AtT-telephone-statement-for-1495-on-1320-418622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Tel, LLC - Findyourdiet.com

United Tel acct successfully credited

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Today I phoned At&T to check the status of my $14.95 credit from United Tel. It has already been processed and my total phone bill reduced. My phone bill is due next week. I was going to subtract the $14.95 but face disconnection, so didn't want to do that. Now I don't have to deal with that but will still keep a close watch on future bills, especially that last page where the HBS United Tel charge appeared.

Another phone contact with United Tel - this time positive

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Today, Tuesday 2/3/2009, at 8:40 am central time I reached a customer service rep. He had my adult daughter's name on the account. Strange. He assured me that the service had been cancelled the day before and a refund processed. We'll see - I will stay on top of it.

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I phoned United Tel Monday, 2/2/2009 at 4:27 pm central time. A customer service rep answered, asked me my landline telephone number and asked me if I was "So and So". I said my name is not the name she mentioned. I told her I had not ordered nor authorized the service and demanded a refund and assurance I would not be re-billed. Then I heard some (fake?) static and the line disconnected. When I dialed again at 4:31 pm I received a message that the office was now closed. I was given the option of leaving a message that would be returned the next business day, but when I chose that option, I was told the mailbox was full and I could not leave a message after all. I will deduct this charge from my AT&T bill and phone United Tel again Tuesday.

Corrected date

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Today is Saturday, January 31, 2009 - not January 30.