Complaint Review: United Tel

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:Janesville Wisconsin
United Tel
274 N Goodman St Suite A302 Rochester, New York U.S.A.

United Tel LLC Billing Through AT&T Unauthorized Charges on PHONE BILL - Rude company and rip off Rochester New York

My husband and I recently had an experience of unauthorized charges on our phone bill. My husband called the company, United Tel, where a very rude lady told my husband that the charges were authorized by me (which of course I didnt authorize them either). When he requested to have them speak with me, the lady said "I am not talking to her" and hung up the phone.

We werent being rude, just trying to get a testimony from myself to them stating I didnt authorize the charges either.

They were for some findyourdiet.com and some 247mp3s.com website.

I know I wouldnt have authorized any of these websites. Obviously it would be absurd for me to even want these services provided by these websites.
First of all, I wouldnt need to be on a diet because Im 8 months pregnant. Second of all, we don't buy mp3's from the internet, we just buy cds from the store.

I called back and spoke to her again. I told her who I was and she was snotty and said your subscription has been cancelled. I asked if there was a fraud department because this act was fraudulent. She said we will receive a call back in a few days letting us know the IP address and location of the person who signed up for this service.

She didn't say anything about crediting back the money we had already paid to at&t since we have our bill taken out of the bank automatically.

I already filed a complaint with the FCC as of yesterday. I am not letting these rude people get away with scamming us. Also, we were able to get a hold of at&t and they blocked any further charges. At least we caught this happening within about a month and a half of this happening.

Anyone can find your name phone number and address online and sign you up and use these services, charging it on your phone bill.

If they cant even be professional to their customers in these cases, they should be sued and shut down in my opinion.

This is just bad business all the way around.

Sweetieliz
Janesville, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Tel/Rochester-New-York-14607/United-Tel-LLC-Billing-Through-ATT-Unauthorized-Charges-on-PHONE-BILL-Rude-company-and-424736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Tel