Complaint Review: United Telecom

• Submitted: Thu, June 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, October 22, 2009

• Reported By:Ft. Lauderdale Florida
United Telecom
11150 W Bridal Path, Alanson, Michigan U.S.A.

United Telecom Called me claiming to be AT&T giving a discount as loyal customer-ended up costing $189 month Alanson Michigan

*General Comment: SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME

An Indian sounding person called me stating he was from AT&T and that we qualified for a discount, and that's all he was offering me. Yes, in hindsight it seemed strange. In fact, I actually hung up after I realized he was probably trying to scam me. Of course, I had no idea who to call back and make sure I wasn't being billed as I didn't know who the hell he was. He was VERY hard to understand and of course I hardly remember the conversation considering it was months later that we finally started receiving bills.

I called and they said they had me on recordings. However, he was impossible to understand and I'm not so sure they didn't change the questions. It's a BS scam and I hope they all go to jail.

AT&T has now put a freeze on any 3rd party billing so it won't happen again, but we are out $360. I called and yelled at the supervisor at United Telecom but all she kept saying was "you said yes to everything." Perhaps, but the guy clearly lied and misrepresented himself in order to keep me on the phone and eventually pull of the scam.

Scammus
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Telecom/Alanson-Michigan-49706-9654/United-Telecom-Called-me-claiming-to-be-ATT-giving-a-discount-as-loyal-customer-ended-up-462667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Telecom

#1 General Comment

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME

AUTHOR: Matt - (USA)

Exact same thing happened to me!!!!

I actually saw this report and called ATT who has been a great help! I haven't been billed yet, but when I called ATT they told me that if I do get billed to try contacting United Telecom first and if they refuse to help out they will reverse the charges and bill them back to United Telecom. So that there is no loss to me.

THANK GOD SAW THIS RIP OFF REPORT!!!!