Complaint Review: United Transport

*Author of original report: New update. United Transport

*Consumer Suggestion: Im a mover

*Consumer Suggestion: Im a mover

*Author of original report: Update, United Transport, Hallandale, Florida

I was quoted 2098.97 by Natalie at United Transport.  Avie was lead driver & arrived on July 24, 2012 at stated time.  He was very nice, but after everything was loaded,  was told my quote was now 4168.10.

I live in a 1 bdrm house with 500 ft of living space, how could my my price have doubled?  Allied Van Lines  came to my house & quoted 2407.66.  Also North American Van Lines came to my house, quoted 2698.81.  I am 67 yrs old on Social Security.

I really don't know what do.  They have my things now. Can't believe moving from Florida to Oh costs that much.

Avoid them at all costs,  Avi is nice, but is a smooth talker,  even asked me for a tip for his loaders.  I can not believe price would double. Have already paid over 2500. & they still want 1800.00 more

I really need need help,  I am trapped,  My furniture is not even worth that much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Transport/Hallendale-Florida-33009/United-Transport-I-feel-really-upset-Hallendale-Florida-916992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Transport

New update. United Transport

AUTHOR: Patti Hill - (United States of America)

I have been trying since 8/6/2012 to have my belongings delivered.  On 9/52012 was sceamed & yelled at by Allan, General Mgr, would only deliver things for 450.00 cash.  Have already paid 2524.60.  Allan told me they are are opening all my boxes today & selling everything.

Please don't use these movers.  I have found if you file a complaint on some sites, they go in on same day & post all good things.  I have contacted an attorney.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Im a mover

AUTHOR: AlBundy - (United States of America)

File a complaint with FMCSA, USDOT, Florida DOT, Florida Public Service Commision, Flotida Attprney General, BBB, and AMSA. Ask them to.place your items in'Storage In Transit' and ask for a copy of their published tarriff.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Im a mover

AUTHOR: AlBundy - (United States of America)

Update, United Transport, Hallandale, Florida

AUTHOR: Patti Hill - (United States of America)

After I discovered I would have to pay another 2000.00 to have my things delivered to Toledo, OH,  I decided to stay in FL  Now United Transport wants another 440.00 to deliver things to Haines City, FL which is about 20 miles from original p/u.  This would be a total of 2904.00 for a local move.  I understand they will drive total of 811 miles.  But I have moved local many times & this amount is more like a cross country move.  I am talking about a 1 bedroom apt, washer & dryer. No other appliances & my personal things.  Can anyone tell if I have a recourse?  I am 67 yrs old & live completely on Social Security.