Complaint Review: United Transportation Moving & Storage Woodland Hills Ca

• Updated: Sun, March 24, 2013

• Reported By: wrch5 — California
United Transportation Moving & Storage Woodland Hills Ca
Woodland Hills Ca Woodland Hills, California United States of America

United Transportation Moving & Storage Woodland Hills Ca stolen and damaged items, as well increase cost on move day Woodland Hills, California

United Transportation Moving & Storage under bids estimates to get work and ignores what is written into the contract Overcharged!!

I contracted with United Transportation Moving & Storage to move my household items from California to NH. We contracted for a set price, an (binding) NTE to be exact. NTE means Not to Exceed.  A Not-to-exceed deal means that the company agrees that your final price will not exceed the sum you agreed upon. This was done months prior to the move in person, and confirmed no additional quotes would be needed as the move day approached since it was an NTE. On move day, the movers showed up, the first thing they said was the job was underestimated and the price is going up and gave me the ultimatum of either paying the increase or having them walk. I immediately contacted my sale person  whom I was told was fired and transferred to other representatives within the company. Long story short they said, Pay or we leave. Unfortunately, since I was leaving a leased property I had no slack and so my move needed to be that day so they twisted my arm into an increased price, which I told them I would debate on the other end of the move.

No Communication!

I was very frustrated with United Transportation Moving & Storage is there constant lack of communication as well incorrect communication! As if moving was not stressful enough, they force you to continue to reach out to them for information (arrival, delivery, driver info, storage, etc.). There 24 hour delivery notice, turned out to be less than 8. I was informed by the driver at 7pm (after I called him), he would be arriving at 8am the next day I had to delay in order to go to bank).

Stolen and Damaged Delivery items!

Upon delivery of my household, I noticed that my Plasma Television, Wii and Wii board were all missing, in addition a number of other items. Additionally, a number of items were significantly damaged including my dining room table (driver told us the warehouse must have dragged it), my nightstand (broken leg), missing bed hardware, couch (broken back), desk (large dent and deep scratches), the list goes on. Lastly, since my items were in storage with them for a few months I asked for a receipt, time and time againapprox 10 calls to them, I still do not have the receipt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Transportation-Moving-Storage-Woodland-Hills-Ca/Woodland-Hills-California-/United-Transportation-Moving-Storage-Woodland-Hills-Ca-stolen-and-damaged-items-as-wel-1037622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Transportation Moving & Storage Woodland Hills Ca