Complaint Review: United Travel Network

• Submitted: Mon, June 09, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 09, 2008

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
United Travel Network
1935 Shermer Road, Suite 100 Northbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

United Travel Network Almost a victim, but saw Rip-off report first. Northbrook Illinois

I was almost a victim of the United Travel Network rip-off, and had practically the exact same conversation with them as the previous person. They promised of one of four guaranteed prizes including a Lincoln Navigator, $25,000 cash, Vacation to Cancun, Vegas, Orlando, or a 32" Flat Screen TV. I didnt speak with Chad, however, so they may have stopped using that name.
I was suspicious at first because I never sign up for contests. The person reassured me I was automatically entered via a credit card purchase. Thank God I saw these Rip-Off reports and saved my husband and I the hassle.
I also just want to add that this company is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau, but at this time does not have any complaints filed against it on their website. I would encourage those who post Rip-Off alerts to also file a complaint on the Better Business Bureaus website, www.bbb.org. Thats the first place I looked and, although suspicious, I was almost ready to give them a chance because they didnt have any hits against them on the Better Business Bureau website.

Katie
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2008 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Travel-Network/Northbrook-Illinois-60062/United-Travel-Network-Almost-a-victim-but-saw-Rip-off-report-first-Northbrook-Illinois-338650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Travel Network