Complaint Review: United Travel Network

• Submitted: Mon, October 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 13, 2008

• Reported By:Oak Park Illinois
United Travel Network
1935 Shermer Road, Suite # 100 Northbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

United Travel Network I was saved by Ripoff Report from United Travel Network scam!! Northbrook Illinois

I was almost "taken in" by the United Travel Network rip-off, and had practically the exact same conversation with them as the previous person. They promised of one of four guaranteed prizes including a Lincoln Navigator, $25,000 cash, Vacation to Cancun, Vegas, Orlando, or a 32' Flat Screen TV. I recieved a call and message from Tony, and then a call back from Karen Smith.

Karen was very precise and exacting about the information - including my credit card - that I needed to bring to the presentation, or I wouldn't be allowed to enter. I have entered some contests, so I thought this might be legitimate. I made an appointment for a spot at a presentation.

As soon as I completed the phone call, I checked "Ripoff Report" and found the reports from others. No one needs this kind of hassle in their lives!

So, I called Karen back at the number she gave me - it was legitimate - and told her to "cancel me, I had found them on "Ripoff Report" and was choosing to not do business with them".

All she said was OK, and hung up!! (Think she's heard this before?)

Susan
Oak Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2008 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Travel-Network/Northbrook-Illinois-60062/United-Travel-Network-I-was-saved-by-Ripoff-Report-from-United-Travel-Network-scam-North-380821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Travel Network