Complaint Review: United Truck School

• Reported By: Timo — Quail Valley California United States of America
United Truck School
2425 Camino del Rio South Internet United States of America

United Truck School Insufficient training! Internet

United Truck Driving School failed to meet it's obligation to me, most of my classmates, and the State of California!

I obtained training, with a view towards earning a California Class-A Commercial Drivers License, with this school through the Workforce Development Center of Hemet, California.

I was enrolled in a 160-hour instruction course. Unfortunately, Memorial Day intervened; classes were not held that day, that day's worth of instruction was not made up, and as a consequence, I, and my classmates, recieved not 160 hours of instruction, but 152, most of it in a classroom, not behind the wheel.

All of us complained; our complaints were met with indifference. I got to the very last stage of my testing by State Examiners, failed my driving test, after passing every single test prior to that, and was finally forced to close out my effort to obtain a Class-A license, (where ALL the jobs are) so at least I could get my Class-B.

The job prospects for Class-B dirvers are appalling!

I got a grand total of 35 MINUTES behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer, spread over several days,  so it is no surprise I did not pass my driving test! United Truck Schools ripped off the State of California, which paid the $5000 for my class; I firmly believe that that one extra day of instruction,to which I was entitled, probably would have made the difference, and I would be working today! Only 2 of 8 people in my class succeeded; this school was a RIPOFF, the truck were old, the tires were a disgrace, and the owner, some woman named Bonnie, was irritable, impatient, and completely un-friendly to myself and at least one other student who pointed out the defiency in our hours of instruction.

We were promised 160 hours of instruction and we did not receive it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Truck-School/internet/United-Truck-School-Insufficient-training-Internet-949320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Truck School