Complaint Review: United Vacation Network

• Submitted: Thu, November 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2007

• Reported By:Marco Island Florida
United Vacation Network
3690 East Bay Dr Ste. Q-R Largo, Florida U.S.A.

United Vacation Network NO DEEP DISCOUNTED VACATIONS AVAILABLE AS PROMISED, NO FREE CRUISE Largo Florida

On November 28, 2006 my wife and I went to a travel seminar to claim a FREE CRUISE, but were entrapped into joining a travel club offering deep discounts on travel. We were shown a slide presentation of vacation locations and promised if we joined we could get up to 70% or more off the current prices. We were also given a FREE CRUISE certificate and a free dinner offer, both which we never received or could book. The FREE CRUISE had a $400 + service and taxes charge per person which was more than if we booked it direct with Carnival. I was relluctant to buy this package and after because I was unemployed and did not feel I could afford it. The person we were talking with then went to his boss and they both came back and promised that if I purchase the 4 week plan they would reduce the price by $2,000 and if I did not get a job they would let me cancel my membership. Well, I did not get the job, and when I called to ask for a refund I was told I could not because of a signed contract and that no one offered me this deal. I am no out over $2,400 that was put on my credit card that night and a couple of monthly credit card debits of $93.71. Fortunately my card expired and I would not let the credit card company continue payments. I called the company many times and was promised someone would call back. After months I did receive a call from an Amanda stating that they would not honor any agreement made about cancellation and that I owed the balance. Again calling I spoke with another person and was told they would get back to me. Instead, I now received a collection agency notice. As of now I WILL NOT PAY THEM OR THE COLLECTION AGENCY A DIME. I hope they take me to court so I can explain how dishonest these people are. I also hope that in the future some lawyer will pick up this company and file a CLASS ACTION SUIT and hopefully all the people that have been scammed can receive some justice and UNITED VACATIONS NETWORK gets shut down.

Mike
Marco Island, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2007 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Vacation-Network/Largo-Florida-33771/United-Vacation-Network-NO-DEEP-DISCOUNTED-VACATIONS-AVAILABLE-AS-PROMISED-NO-FREE-CRUISE-282428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Vacation Network