Complaint Review: United Vacation Network

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, August 26, 2007

• Reported By:green cove spings Florida
United Vacation Network
3690 East Bay Drive , Suite Q-R Largo, Florida U.S.A.

United Vacation Network ripoff same scam but different hook Largo Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Member Services

My wife and I attended a presentation which was very well presented and seemed to be the answer travel and vacation needs. The promise of 4 vacation weeks per year at a set price for us and our kids lifetime was not beleived by either of us. This could be nothing but a perimid scheem. Our "hook" was 15000 location that the company had brokered for their members at very good rates that could not be matched by other companies. The second was use of a travel consolidator. We were told that we could access these inventories on their web site.

After getting a password and user name after three telephone calls to the company, we found that the had a list of excess inventories listed. This list contained places I did not want to go in the winter time, ie New Jersey beaches, condos in Canada, and a few in North Carolina and Florida beaches. By trial and error I found I could get these places on my own. Ny wife called customer service and asked how she could see the 15000 inventories and she was told that was not possible. She then was asked to be connected to the sales representative and was told the number could not be given out. She was then connected to Ms Christy Daniel and after expressing her issue and explaining why we joined UVN (for the brokered inventories)She was then told how we had to request three locations for our desired travel and told her that we had signed a lawful and binding contract.

We decided that the plan was not for us and e-mailed Ms Daniel that we wanted to cancel our membership and get our money back. Her answer was that we had signed a lawful and binding contract and that UVN would honor their part of the contract.

I dont beleive that UVN has 15000 inventories, if so they would have them listed on a spreadsheet or some other type of program that could easily be relayed to its members. Instead of trying to placate a new member, UVN customer relations is to tell the member how stupid he was to sign an lawful and binding document.

I don't beleive the the document is lawful and binding under Florida Law. A stupid person like myself and find numerous violations of Florida Statutes that govern this type of business.

Other persons scamed will have any assistance I can offer.

Sandy
green cove spings, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2007 02:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Vacation-Network/Largo-Florida-33771/United-Vacation-Network-ripoff-same-scam-but-different-hook-Largo-Florida-237526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Vacation Network

AUTHOR: Sandy - (U.S.A.)

Ms. Christy never addresses the issue of brokered inventories; she only states that that United Vacation Network (UVN) has over 15000 inventories. In answer to my my complaint to BBB, Ms. Christy states that UVN has over 9000 resort properties. She also says that during our presentation, we were told we could purchase a resort directory in a book store for RCI that included some of UVN's inventories. I don't remember Ms. Christy being at the presentation. However, I do remember being told I could get access to the brokered inventories thru the UVN web site.

Member Services

AUTHOR: Christy - (U.S.A.)

Consumers are informed about United Vacation Network during a standarized presenation; at that time if they wish to become members they enter into a membership. Memberships are desinged to suit individual consumers needs. One of the benefits to the memberships is resort weeks that they can utilize each year at set prices. These weeks can be used by submitting a request for certain destinations and travel dates. Their are guidelines that must be followed in order to guarantee fulfillment with any resort week but as a company who wants to see all of our members go on beautiful vacations we do everyting possible to get them traveled.

United Vacation Network has over a 98% fulfillment rate fulfilling all resort request submitted by our members. We have over 15,000 properties world-wide at four and five star resorts. The inventory for all of our resort properties is updated on a daily basis as we are continually purchasing properties. Members receive resort profiles for viewing once they submit their resort request with the destinations they desire. Our members may call our corporate office and speak with a reservation agent at any time to receive profiles of resorts in certain areas prior to submitting a request with the understanding that their request is submitted by destination not by resort as availability does control and the members desired travel date will affect resorts available for confirmation.

United Vacation Network's web-site has excess inventory listings posted with resort properties and check-in dates. Excess inventory are discounted weeks available without notice and members may book unlimited quantities. During the "Welcome Call" that all of our members receive they are informed that excess inventory is limited and to call and request an extended search on any desired destination; even if it is not listed does not mean we do not have available properties to offer.

United Vacation Network guarantees member satisfacaiton and will do everything to make sure that all of our members receive the maximum value from their purchase.