REVIEW UPDATE September 22 2016 : United Yacht Transport remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. United Yacht Transport is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.
To date, United Yacht Transport has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Ripoff Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business™.
Over time and since becoming a member, United Yacht Transport has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever United Yacht Transport remains committed to improving customer satisfaction. [continued below]....
Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!
*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgRipoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:
EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to United Yacht Transport
for its commitment to excellence in customer service.
Ripoff Report’s discussions with United Yacht Transport have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. United Yacht Transport listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services. Their risk free booking system is an example of their commitment to client satisfaction.
The one Report posted about United Yacht Transport on Ripoff Report was actually about another business using a similar name. The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Paul Haber during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward United Yacht Transport.
United Yacht Transport is a company that specializes in transporting yachts for their customers from east coast to west coast in the United States. They pride themselves as being the only yacht transport with a risk-free program. Leads are acquired through a number of methods, including advertisements and word of mouth. Generally, United Yacht Transport is contacted by a potential customer who requests a quote. At this point, any questions or concerns the customer has will be addressed by a representative of the company, and if the price and terms are agreeable to the customer, a contract will then be executed.
United emphasizes their risk-free program, and states that they have been “working on that risk-free process for a while now.” However, even though United Yacht Transport operates under a risk-free program for their customers and they strive to make sure all the customers’ needs are met, at times, a complaint might be made. An example of this is a past client who was not happy with the quote provided by United Yacht Transport, and felt the price was too high. This client then acquired a quote from another service company, and through United Yacht Transport’s price guarantee, they were able to beat the customer’s second quote by 10%. United Yacht Transport / Customer Care & Satisfaction
There have also been complaints lodged through Ripoff Report, however, “Our big complaint was actually made about people from a different company or people not with our company. The complaint entailed a former customer claiming that he was charged outrageous fees to prevent his property from being seized; however, the company referenced in the complaint is Yacht Path International. United Yacht Transport and Yacht Path International only interact in regards to the purchasing of equipment." ~ Paul Haber
After a complaint is resolved, the company strives to follow up with the customer and ensure that they are satisfied. United Yacht Transport recognizes the value of working with Ripoff Report’s Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program and the platform it provides for customers and companies to interact and resolve any problems that may arise. “Customers will let [Rippff Report] know if they have complaints, and they will be satisfied,” states a representative of United. Through this program, both the company and the customer can reach an amicable solution through which both parties are satisfied. United Yacht Club / Statements from the owner Paul Haber "
We understand the concerns within the industry, and we’re always looking for ways to provide them with better, more innovative solutions that can give them greater peace of mind,” says United Yacht Transport President Paul Haber. “Our new, risk-free booking program continues our promise of excellent service and our commitment to serving our clients’ needs. We’re excited to raise the bar for yacht transportation companies by implementing these changes. In markets that we service, there is simply no reason to go anywhere else for your yacht transportation needs.” ~ Paul Haber STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM UNITED YACHT CLUB
United Yacht Transport strives to become the most cost effective, safe and reliable yacht transportation solution available in the market today. Our Risk-Free Booking Program builds on that commitment and expands on the company’s dedication to providing its clients with the highest standards in yacht transportation.
The new booking program offers a range of new features, including:
- Price beat guarantee- We are the lowest cost carrier in North America and will beat any valid price.
- No payment required until after your yacht is loaded aboard the vessel.
- Written confirmation by vessel owners that the freight has been paid.
- Third-party escrow account for all financial transactions.
- Lloyd's of London cargo insurance policies.
- Confirmed vessels from established vessel owners.
- Daily email updates on vessel ETA.
Anyone considering yacht transport should read the following guide to Choosing a Yacht Transportation Provider.
The yacht transportation industry offers yacht owners the option of relocating their yachts to almost any region of the world. Choosing a yacht transportation provider is an important decision in making the shipping experience a positive one.
Choosing A Yacht Transportation Provider KEY FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A YACHT TRANSPORT COMPANY
- Transport options.
- When considering the relocation of your yacht, it is important to understand the options available for your size yacht. These options are mainly determined by the length, beam and weight of your yacht. For smaller yachts (up to 40’), road transport can be considered. The total beam and height are the main factors in determining if road transport is an option. However, the maximum height of the yacht loaded on the trailer cannot exceed 13’ 6”. The second option is to load your yacht aboard a container vessel. With this option, your yacht would be fitted to a cradle and loaded on top of a stack of containers. This option is generally considered for yachts in the medium size range (up to 60’) and is considered to many in the industry to be the most risky option of transport due to the unqualified dock labor responsible for the loading and discharge of the yacht.
The third option is to contract with an exclusive yacht carrier who specializes in the transportation of medium and large size yachts. These companies maintain highly qualified staff that are specifically trained in the handling of larger yachts. There are currently only three (3) companies in the world that can be considered a “true” yacht carrier.
- Choosing between a Yacht Carrier and a Yacht Transport Broker.
- At first glance, it may appear that there are many yacht transportation providers to choose from. However, most of these companies found on the internet are actually yacht transportation brokers. In recent years, many new companies have either opened shop or rebranded themselves to appear as “yacht carriers”. The majority of these new companies actually operate in the capacity of a “yacht transport broker”. The business model for this new group of brokers is to book the end client (ie. Yacht Owner) and then try to source the carriage of the yacht to an actual carrier at a lower rate than charged to the end client. The problem with this model is that, in many cases, the broker will book the job at a rate which is below what the actual carrier will accept to transport the yacht. The reputable yacht carriers have caught onto this game and no longer accept bookings from many of these brokers at below market rates, leaving those bookings unfulfilled. Many of these companies now claim to be the carrier, rather than a broker, which has further confused the industry. If you wish to confirm whether or not you are speaking to a broker or carrier, please ask him or her to send you the contact details for the vessel agent at both the load and discharge ports so that you can speak with them directly. Unlike a broker, a carrier must have an established relationship with a vessel agent each time the vessel enters and departs any port worldwide. If they cannot provide you with this information, they are most likely a broker.
A carrier, on the other hand, actually handles your yacht from the loading port to the discharge port. Think of it as going straight to a wholesaler rather than going to a retailer to buy these items, you can cut out the middleman and do business directly with the wholesaler. In the same way, rather than using a broker, you have the option of contracting directly with the yacht carrier.
"The problem with this model is that, in many cases, the broker will book the job at a rate which is below what the actual carrier will accept to transport the yacht."
- Additional operational charges.
- When comparing rates from different carriers you need to confirm that the booking is on a water to water basis. This term indicates that all labor for loading and discharge as well as any necessary, lifting/ cradling equipment is included in the freight rate.
- Insurance coverage.
- A separate Cargo Insurance policy is required when transporting your yacht aboard an ocean going vessel. This policy is separate from your navigational insurance policy will cover the exposure for loading, discharge and ocean transit. It is very important to understand your deductible exposure when purchasing a cargo insurance policy. These rates will fluctuate depending on the port of loading/ discharge and the intended route of the ocean going vessel.
- Before the loading of your yacht it is highly recommended that you take pictures of the interior and exterior of the yacht. In the event that your yacht is damaged during the transport it will be very important to document the condition of the yacht prior to loading.
- Don’t always accept the lowest price
- It is always tempting to accept the lowest price for the transport of your yacht, as the rate is generally a significant amount of money. However, some brokers may quote you an unreasonably low price just to get your business without the ability to follow through. More often than not, if the prices you are quoted are drastically different from a carrier, you are giving up something in service.
- Method of payment
- All payments to your yacht transportation provider should be processed through a third party escrow agent. A reputable yacht carrier or broker should not have an issue with these payment terms. The terms of the escrow agreement should state that upon issuance of the Bill of Lading your funds should be released to the service provider.
- Delivery times
- Most yacht carriers will provide you with a loading window rather than an actual date. This is due to the many variables that can affect a ship’s actual arrival date. Many factors such as weather, port delays etc. cannot be controlled by the carrier and should be considered when planning your transport. It is quite common to expect a loading window of between 10-20 days. This window is generally narrowed as the loading date approaches. It is nearly impossible to guarantee delivery dates until the yacht is loaded aboard the carrying vessel. Once the yacht is loaded, a fairly accurate arrival date to the discharge port should be expected.
- Cancellation dates
- Although vessel arrival dates cannot be accurately predicted, there should be period of time in which the delay is considered unreasonable. An unreasonable delay should be considered to be a delay lasting longer than thirty (30) days. A cancellation date should be clearly defined in the contract when choosing any yacht transportation provider. Never enter into a contract without a clear cancellation date for non-performance.
- United Yacht Transport.
- United Yacht Transport strives to become the most efficient, safe and cost effective yacht transportation solution available in the market today. Our new 100% Risk-Free Booking Program builds on that commitment and expands on the company’s dedication to providing its clients with the highest standards in yacht transportation. United Yacht Transport is the first and only current carrier in the industry offering clients a 100% risk-free booking program.
The new booking program offers a range of features, including:
- No payment required until after your yacht is loaded aboard the vessel
- Price beat guarantee
- Written confirmation ensuring the vessel owners have been paid the freight costs associated with the transport
- Guaranteed cancellation date in the event of delay
- Third-party escrow account for all financial transactions
- Lloyd’s of London cargo insurance policies
- Confirmed vessels from established vessel owners
- Daily email updates on vessel ETA
If you should have further questions regarding the transport of your yacht, please feel free to contact us at 954-383-4448 or on the web at www.united-yacht.com
"United Yacht Transport specializes exclusively in the transportation of yachts to any worldwide destination."
Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.
Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.
As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer.
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
United Yacht Transport accusations posted were found to be false. Report was about a different company with a similar name Fort Lauderdale Florida
About the Report below.
Ripoff Report found that the accusations posted were found to be false. If the posting was true, there would have been legitimate proof or documentation. Ripoff Report emailed the author of this Report asking for proof. The claims were absolutely ridiculous. Ripoff Report was not sent any evidence for the claims the author of the Report below made. We believe they had an issue with a
business, but, it had nothing to do with United Yacht Transport. As a matter of policy, when a business joins the Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, .. Ripoff Report emails everyone that filed a complaint so the member business could make things right with them… our program calls for the member business to err on the side of the customer. It is our opinion, the Report below was wrong in involving United Yacht Transport. Ripoff Report and a 3rd party verifier inspected the offices at United Yach Transport. If United Yacht Transport was that bad, Ripoff Report would have a lot of negative Reports about them, as they have been listed at the top of search engines on Ripoff Report due to the Report below.
Earlier this year I had contracted with Yacht Path International to ship my boat on a ship which the company claimed was chartered. The Cummings brothers who owned and operated Yacht Path ended up defaulting on the payments to the ship owner, kept my money and then went out of business.
My boat was arrested and basically held hostage with threat of being auctioned off until the money due to the ship owner was paid in full. This happened to every boat owner on that ship and there were many of us. I also heard this was not the only ship they did this to. All the boat owners through a common attorney then had to pool our money again to pay for the ship owners losses or our boats would otherwise go to auction.
The result was a nightmare experience that cost me and the other owners more money to be padi all over again because of what Dennis and Kevin Cummings did to us. I have never recovered the money. I did get my boat released after paying the ship owner again as did the others.
Now it has come to my attention that the brothers Dennis and Kevin Cummings are now the managing team behind a new company that has propped up called United Yacht Transport trying to run the same game all over again after going out of business with more than $20 million dollars of other peoples money including a good portion of my own.
I can't stand by to see this without letting my fellow boat owners know about it, look up the South Florida Business Journal and Yacht Path to see the article about the connection between Dennis and Kevin and United Yacht Transport.
Anyone else interested further can also contact Attorney's Alley, Maass, Rogers & Lindsay, P.A. Palm Beach, Florida who assisted us all with getting our boats released after they were arrested to get a first hand look at the financial damage Dennis and Kevin Cummings caused all the boat owners they defrauded.
Do not do business with the new company of the Cummings Brothers are operating if you want to keep your money and not risk losing your boat. I have heard its a matter of time before they collapse again, don't get caught holding the bag. Just some friendly advise.