Complaint Review: United states post office

• Updated: Mon, July 19, 2010

• Reported By: Edwards — Richmond Virginia United States of America
United states post office
Chamberlayne ave Richmond, Virginia United States of America

United states post office I have not received maiil for 6 months to my post office box, resulting in missed medical and surgical procedures, bills not paid etc. Richmond, Virginia

I renewed my Post Office box in February 2010, a few days late, and for some reason I am still not receiving my mail.  I would get 2-3 letters a month, and no advertisements or coupons.  No mail was coming to my home at all.  I chose the PO box because people walking along Chamberlayne Ave. would walk up to my house and take the mail out of the box especially Netflex videos.  I have asked the owners to put a slot in the door but they refused.

I am a senior, I am diabetic and unable to work at this time, trying to get housing and other services but everything they send out is returned or never reaches my PO box.
I called MCV Physicians billing because I was not receiving my statements and I was told my bill of $3,000 is in collection at this point and she said of couse you didn't know, all of the statements were returned.

My 12 month old grandson did not receive food stamps for two months because the letter to renew the food stamps was never received.  My daughter never received her diploma from  J.Sargeant  Reynolds after graduating in May 2010, or transcripts that are only mailed. Fortunately I use E-bill for  my utilities and bank statements but other statements and job info was never received for the past 6 months.

I have spoken to Kevin at the Belmont post office several times,  and he asked me if I knew  someone working at the Varina Post office that was tampering with my mail.
If someone else had a key to my box?  I told him family members have receives mail they sent me saying 'NO FORWARDING ADDRESS ON THE ENVELOPE" and Kevin told me to bring him the returned envelopes. (people do not keep returned envelopes)

I have asked to speak with the postmaster, I was told there are no longer postmasters and there was no manager at the Belmont Branch on Chamberlayne Avenue.

In my most recent conversation with Mr. Kevin, he states that when I paid my PO box bill there was no manager to go into the system and change my information from the box being closed to open.  ( So for 6 months your going to tell me no one elses information could be changed, or a PO box opened for a new customer!)

Last week I submitted a application for a apartment and they notify by mail.
The U.S. Census bureau contacted me by email saying there letter was returned- they confirmed the correct Post Office box. .
Any changes in my doctor appointments are sent by mail - to my PO Box

I was scheduled for surgery last week and didn't know it until the nurse called me the day before to confirm.
My PO box is due to be renewed for August but if they mail maybe then they will have the proof they need.

This has been a 6 month night mare not knowing whats next because of the $40,000 dollar a year public servants who refuse to do their job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2010 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-states-post-office/Richmond-Virginia-23227/United-states-post-office-I-have-not-received-maiil-for-6-months-to-my-post-office-box-r-624872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United states post office