drunk

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: mvukovich11 — hayward Wisconsin United States of America
Unitedhealthcare
Nationwide United States of America

Unitedhealthcare UHC Unitedhealthcare is a very poor secondary insurance provider Internet, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: It sounds like UHC DIDN'T violate the terms of your policy...

Blue cross is my primary insurance company my monthly payment for there health care was $160.00 dollars a month. I also had Unitedhealthcare as my secondary insurance company at a cost of $385 dollars a month. I was lead to believe that my primary insurance company would pay 80 percent of my health care bill and my secondary would pick up the remaining 20 percent of the bill. After my first hospital stay in twenty years my primary Blue Cross paid $18,000 dollars out of a $22,000 bill. Unitedhealthcare paid $250.00 1 percent of the $4000 I had remaining. After many appeals with Unitedhealthcare and the state of Wisconsin I lost. They only had to pay 1 percent of the bill to comply with there contract. As a primary insurance company I found them to pay there fair share but as a secondary insurance company in my case they were worthless. Find another secondary company that will pay the remaining 20 percent of your bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unitedhealthcare/nationwide/Unitedhealthcare-UHC-Unitedhealthcare-is-a-very-poor-secondary-insurance-provider-Interne-1011072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unitedhealthcare

It sounds like UHC DIDN'T violate the terms of your policy...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"After many appeals with Unitedhealthcare and the state of Wisconsin I lost. They only had to pay 1 percent of the bill to comply with there contract."

In other words YOU assumed they would cover the other 20%, but the policy you hadn't read said otherwise.

So, what's the Ripoff.   The one I see is YOU not bothering to read/comprehend your policy. What you were "led to believe" is irrelevant, the policy rules.

You were NOT ripped off at all.

BTW, I DON'T work for UHC.