Complaint Review: Uniters

• Updated: Fri, June 14, 2013

• Reported By: 007DJ — Petaluma California
Internet USA

Uniters Worry no more warranty? More like No More Warranty Internet

Last year we purchased two mattresses for our children's bunk beds from Macy's along with the "worry no more" accident coverage. The other night, at 2 am both the boys wet their beds. like any father, I stripped off the covers and attempted to clean the mess up to no avail. The next morning I submitted a claim on line and submitted photos of the mess. After waiting 48 hours for a response, I opted to contact them and see if I could speed the process up.

After a long agonizng wait, they came back and said that it was an accumulation of stains and that it wasn't going to be covered. I was totally floored and asked how they determined that and they started citing policy and that they believe that it was to be true. I countered and told them that I tried mopping up the mess which could make the stain appear un even and they counter with yet another reason to deny the claim. They actually said and I kid you not "with out written authorization from us, you cannot clean the stain therefor we deny your claim."

Let me get this straight, if my child pees on the bed, I have to let it sit ther until someone from that compamy graces my presence? Please. I doubt that any resonable person would find this accecptable.

I've already spent hours on the phone with them and their vastly substandard customer service to which I just gave up. I called Macys and true to their form, they actually wanted to help me and refunded the cost of the plan.

I intend to follow the lead of one of the other complaints and send a message to the district manager of Macys and see if I can get any resolve to this.

How is it that this company hasn't been involved in a massive class action lawsuit?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uniters-/internet/Uniters-Worry-no-more-warranty-More-like-No-More-Warranty-Internet-1059156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uniters