Complaint Review: Uniters of North America

• Updated: Fri, January 06, 2012

• Reported By: Ed — Staten Island New York USA
Uniters of North America
PO Box 10909 Riviera Beach, Florida United States of America

Uniters of North America "Worrynomore" Macy's sells Worrynomore plan which is a ripoff Riviera Beach, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: united pure warranty

*Author of original report: Thanks for the feedback but...

*UPDATE Employee: Honor the Agreement?

*Author of original report: This could have been handled so much better!

We purchased a sectional sofa from Macy's in July 2009 and along with it the worrynomore plan which is basically insurance against stains and other damages. The Macy's salesman highly recommended it, saying if they cannot clean the stain we will replace the sofa. In July 2011 while vacuuming the sofa I found two stains on two seat cushions which were turned over. I called worrynomore (Uniters of North America) to file a claim but they refused because I did not know that the stains were. I asked for a supervisor and was told "Adrian" wpuld call back but never did.

I basically forgot about it until last week when I was vacuuming the couch again and noticed the stains again. I asked my wife if she knew what the stains were and she told me they were cat urine and cat vomit.

Armed with this information I called worrynomore (Uniters of North America) today, 12/2/11 and after the agent took all the information and provided me with a claim number (C1193738) she asked me to hold on and when she returned she said they would not service the stains unless I can show proof that the stains that I called about were cleaned by a certified professional. I could not belive what I was hearing. I told the agent that the stains I am reporting today are the very same stains I reported in July, the only difference is that now I know what the stains are. She flatly refused to honor the contract.

Uniters of North America don't mind being paid for their plan they just don't want to live up to the terms.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uniters-of-North-America/Riviera-Beach-Florida-33419/Uniters-of-North-America-Worrynomore-Macys-sells-Worrynomore-plan-which-is-a-ripoff-Riv-804179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uniters of North America

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

united pure warranty

AUTHOR: daryroth - ()

I also purchased furniture from haynes sales person told me the same thing i had my furniture for one year now warranty suppose to last 5 years and they denied for no good reason at all im am highly upset to see someone go through exact same thing im going through.

Thanks for the feedback but...

AUTHOR: Ed - (USA)

You might be one of the few salespersons that has the sense to explain the important facts in the contract with WorryNoMore aka Uniters of North America. We were not so lucky, our salesman simply told us to not try to clean any stains ourselves or it would void the warranty.  He never mentioned the ten day rule or the need to know what the stain is. If he did, we absolutely would not have taken the plan because such conditions are absurd. I guess he was more interested in the commission he received for selling the plan to us rather than being transparent about what we were buying into.

Our sectional is in pristine condition simply because we hardly spend time in our living room (which is why the stains went unnoticed until we did our annual spring cleaning). It looks as new as the day it was delivered. Someone in our household knew about the stains but instead of informing us, they turned the cushion over and frankly, I don't know how long the stain was there and for that reason alone (lack of control over others' actions) we would have passed on the plan, IF THE SALESMAN TOOK THE TIME (since you feel the need to use caps for emphasis) to tell us about those ridiculous contractual conditions.

Macy's customer service apparently agrees with us, they offered to cancel the contract and refund our money. Thanks for your feedback, maybe you should write a handbook for salespersons and emphasize the need for honest and transparent sales practices.

Honor the Agreement?

AUTHOR: Sean - (U.S.A.)

I have sold this Worry no More protection for many years.  You are correct, Uniters does need to honor the agreement.  However, I'm sure you would agree, so do you.  I always inform my client about the most important aspect of the Worry No More plan.  If you read your contract, You must notify Uniters within 10 days of occurence (in 2009, now it is within 10 days of discovery) and YOU MUST KNOW WHAT IT IS.  According too your explaination, you did neither.  I appreciate your problem was resolved.  we strive to satisfy all our clients.  Please, at least give us the credit or taking care of your situation, when, clearly, you were not following your end of the contract.

This could have been handled so much better!

AUTHOR: Ed - (USA)

After posting my report, I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida and sent an email to the executive branch of Macy's Department stores. The matter was resolved when Uniters of America sent a technician to clean the seat cushions this morning. It took all of 15 minutes to clean the cusions and they are clean.  Such a simple task but an aggravating journey.

I still believe that Uniters of America will go to any measure to avoid the cost of honoring their agreements but this time they tried to scam the wrong person. I hope they learn a lesson but I am not holding my breath.

My thanks go out to the Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida and Ripoffreport.com, the first for their attention to the matter and the latter (ripoffrrport.com) for teaching me how to avoid being ripped off. Thank you, thank you, thank you. By the way, this is not the first time ripoffreport.com has helped me get satisfaction.