sale

• Reported By: Linda R — Surrey British Columbia Canada
Unitow
13065 76th Avenue Surrey BC Surrey, British Columbia United States of America

Unitow Theft from total loss car Surrey, British Columbia

My 2004 350Z was towed by ICBC approved tow company, Unitow, from a central Surrey, BC, location after a very traumatic accident occurring within about 1 block of my workplace on November 23, 2012. I  was assured by the attending Surrey Fire Department that my vehicle would be safe and secure knowing that the passenger side door was badly damaged and that the passenger window was shattered out. One week later when ICBC estimator, Rowdy, called me he asked whether I had removed any belongings or equipment from the vehicle and advised him I had no idea where the vehicle had been taken and not seen the vehicle since the accident. I learned that the beautiful JL Audio amplifier was removed from the car somewhere between the scene of the accident and the tow yard!! He checked with Unitow and they claimed they knew nothing about my amplifier which had had wires cut and bolts removed to free this component from its mount behind the driver cockpit of my 350Z. The other components, which would have taken more effort to remove, were intact. Beth Arnold from ICBC lowballed me on the vehicle's value and asked for a original, itemized receipt for this item which I have since sent to her after locating a few  days after she settled the total loss of my beloved car. Beth treated me like a criminal (I am not liable for the accident as a truck accelerated out of a driveway in to my right side), and was horribly rude. She stated that they (ICBC) confirmed there had been no theft based on Unitow's security tapes. Then where did the amplifier go? I can only acsertain that the driver who towed my vehicle was responsible and that he/she stole the amp before the vehicle arrived at the tow yard. I am sickened by both Unitow and ICBC's indifference.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unitow/Surrey-British-Columbia-/Unitow-Theft-from-total-loss-car-Surrey-British-Columbia-983051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unitow