Complaint Review: Unitrin Direct/Kemper Direct

• Submitted: Wed, February 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: nancy — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Unitrin Direct/Kemper Direct
P.O. Box 3057 Scranton, Pennsylvania 18505-0057 Internet United States of America

Unitrin Direct/Kemper Direct Tripled my monthly payments without cause. Internet

I've been with Unitrin Direct for nearly 2 years for my car insurance.  I just received notice by mail that Unitrin Direct was "sold" to a company named Kemper Direct.  There was no mention (of any kind) that my payments would change upon this change.

Here's the problem: My insurance's monthly cost is now 3 times more than what I've been paying for approximately 2 years. I never agreed to this switch nor was I forewarned before the increased payment was automatically withdrawn from my checking account.

Here's my guess: The 2 "different companies" are actually one. The "first" (Unitrin) gives you unbelievably low payments for x amount of time.  The "second company" (Kemper) claims to "buy out" Unitrin where-after they increase your policy payment's (quite high).

It just seems very crude, dishonest and and quite frankly illegal.

I am truly disappointed with "Unitrim/Kemper".

Most possibly unrelated, but there was a confirmed fraud against my checking account approximately the same time that this policy payment increase started.  This was done within my checking account (which, again, Unitrin/Kemper had been taking automatic monthly car insurance payments from since I started my policy with them).  The only information tracked down was from PA (where Unitrin/Kemper claims to be).

It also strikes me as odd to see that Unitrim/Kemper has a P.O. Box for their address instead of a physical location.  This seems quite peculiar to me.  Thank you for any and all aid you can provide.  -Nancy

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unitrin-DirectKemper-Direct/internet/Unitrin-DirectKemper-Direct-Tripled-my-monthly-payments-without-cause-Internet-1021337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unitrin Direct/Kemper Direct