Complaint Review: Unity Van Lines

• Reported By: Syed — Farmington Hills Michigan United States of America
Unity Van Lines
455 Barell Avenue Carlstadt, New Jersey United States of America

Unity Van Lines Took my money, delivered nothing Carlstadt, New Jersey

I got a cheap quote from Unity Van lines to move my household stuff to Dubai from Michigan. After the pick up near the end of December 2011, they revised the quote which was the first shock, considering we had given them precise dimensions of our cargo. Anyway, we negotiated the final amount with them and were more or less OK with it, considering the original quote from Unity Van lines was the cheapest amongst the competitors. Anyway, after a wait for 2,3 months, we were contacted by the local agent in Dubai that Unity Van lines had not cleared their payment :( this continued for 4 additional months, all the while I was travelling between Dubai, Karachi and Detroit. I couldn't keep track of all the goings-on but designated a contact in Dubai to negotiate the clearance with the agent. In the end, I have to pay $4000 ON-TOP OF THE original amount we had already paid ($4200) in Detroit, before the Cargo was picked up. This is the worst company to ever engage, period.

I am looking to get my money back, I have reported them to better-business bureau, but can anyone give me some ideas about legal options that don't cost an arm and a leg?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unity-Van-Lines/Carlstadt-New-Jersey-/Unity-Van-Lines-Took-my-money-delivered-nothing-Carlstadt-New-Jersey-915769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unity Van Lines