Complaint Review: Univeristy of Phoenix (AXIA) College

• Updated: Fri, November 19, 2010

• Reported By: Joni — greencastle Indiana United States of America
Univeristy of Phoenix (AXIA) College
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Univeristy of Phoenix (AXIA) College I want to file a report against counselor Cindy Silva a counselor whom mislead me to become a nurse without any prior education before hand. I didn't know I had to do this. She asked if I had prior ed I was mislead and misplaces by Cindy Silva who is a counselor at UoP. I was taken advantage of just for money to them. Phoenix , Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Joni Bible

*Author of original report: Listen up Consumer numba1

*Consumer Suggestion: What's not fair?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2010 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Univeristy-of-Phoenix-AXIA-College/Phoenix-Arizona-/Univeristy-of-Phoenix-AXIA-College-I-want-to-file-a-report-against-counselor-Cindy-Silva-637232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Univeristy of Phoenix (AXIA) College

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Joni Bible

AUTHOR: dvsnme - (United States of America)

Hello Joni,

When you said that you owe the school money for not completing your coursework how is that the fault of the counselor Cindy Silva?

I have attended University of Phoenix for my Associates degree and my Bachelor's degree.  Their tuition is very low in comparison to a lot of accredited universities.  It is so low that you can actually receive additional funds back if you choose to borrow the full amount available through financial aid.

What this leads me to believe is that you just quit in the midst of your coursework and therefore owe for the partial class that you took.  Do you not understand that your classes if they are on the AA level are general education?  These classes do transfer to other institutions and at the very least you could have completed those courses and not have had to owe any money.

You make it seem like you were tricked into starting a program and now are upset because you owe money.  The fact that you owe money is no one's fault but your own.

I personally enrolled in the same program and my adviser told me that I would have to complete clinical courses, testing, and licensing procedures for my specific state.  I do know that all of the calls at UoPx are recorded and if a counselor is lying about this or not mentioning it they will get fired.

Based on your report it sounds like you are simply upset about a bad decision you made.  University of Phoenix is a fine place to get an education and it sounds like with four children it would be next to impossible to go to a campus full time.  This is why they offer their programs.  Sure, if you want to be a nurse you are going to have to do extra requirements with your state board, however, this is clearly stated when you talk with your adviser there.

I wish you the best living off welfare for the rest of your life.

Cheers,

Listen up Consumer numba1

AUTHOR: Joni - (United States of America)

I have been working on an associates, I type perfectly fine. Do not judge me for who I am. I was mis-lead maybe if you read my REPORT more throughly you would understand that part. Who do you think you are. Who is this a Tard who works for University of Phoenix? Get a life, I don't need a job, what do you do bust your bottom to get by every single day? Not me I get the advantage to stay home. My children are ALL by the same father LOL, he has a decent job AND I STAY HOME. I don't have to work what are you talkin' bout? I was mislead now I'm in deep debt over an uneducated counselor at UoP. What is in it for you? What the heck do you care. Don't judge me if I feel mis-spelling errors. Want to give me a call. My email address is Joni.bible@yahoo.com if you want to front about small talk. Want to talk the talk? email me no reason to be a mouthly mess on this website torwards me. I don't put up with nothing. So far the measly school isn't doing nothing about anything. I am looking to hire an attorney soon to turn the story around. I was told I could do clinicals on line in my bach year. You got to be a REGISTERED NURSE before hand before that. I trusted the school to help me, not misplace or mislead me. NOT MY FAULT. It's University of Phoenix fault :-)

I was mislead woman, is that a problem, do you complain about people who get to stay home. I dont live off welfare, or have state insurance. I pay MONEY for my insurance that's how life is.

If I can have this turned around thats what thsi website is about. NOT LETTING PEOPLE SCREW YOU OVER!!! That is the PURPOSE OF THIS WEBSITE!!! Don't be downing me acting like you KNOW EVERYTHING.

Original Report:

Hello there, in October of 2009 I was interested in a nursing program. At the University of Phoenix online classes. I called them one time interested in their Nursing program. I spoke to a lady which her name was Cindy Silva. She encouraged me to go online classes to get a degree. So I decided to proceed. Well, I thought about it and I was scared half to death about what can happen if this isn't real or if they could rip me off. Who knows with the way financials work though online colleges. But I called her back and I said I'm not interested, I was scared of failure. She told me its okay, a lot of people get discouraged but you'll do okay. So I'm like well okay we did this a few times. She mentioned you would want to become a nurse don't you. I'm like I sure do; I really want to become a nurse! She told me that I couldnt start off in nursing that I would need to complete an associates degree in a health care affiliated field before I pursue a bachelors degree in nursing. She said BSN. I'm like okay, shes like which do you want to do. We have associates in healthcare administration or there is an associate in healthcare bill and coding. I'm like I'll just go with healthcare administration. So she got me all set up to go. I was excited about doing this for myself but a little unsure about how I would succeed in the system passing my classes about a C average. I did for a long time. (Financial advisors and Academic counselors always changed without my knowledge). I went a whole nine some credits without hearing from her. She did not keep in contact with me for about nine months. I didnt talk to her since last December until yesterday 8/30 when she returned my phone call because I wanted to complaint to her because I found stuff out and that I was mislead under the agreement that I was pursuing a degree in nursing, that I was to go on to a BSN. She had made me think that I could go to a BSN, at the time 10 months ago I didnt know what a BSN was; I thought it was a degree to become a LPN. I would be a nurse in 3 years from when I first started. A 1 1/2 year associates degree and then 1 1/2 year bachelors I would be able to take the test to become an RN after I completed 3 years in. Finishing an associates and bachelors 1 1/2 years I would be a LPN!!! I would have been a nurse. I found out information that BSN you have to be an RN (registered nurse) BEFORE you can pursue a BSN bachelors science and nursing degree. She didnt tell me I needed to be a nurse before I started anything at all. I told her what I wanted to be and do. If it was to be a nurse and I had not experience why didnt Cindy Silva request me to go to school in my own home town? I thought this would be easier online I have four children and I am single. I am strapped the way it is. Now I owe the school money for classes financial aid doesnt cover since I decided to leave. I have to pay this out-of-pocket; they totally robed me of my education, and trust. I lost time with my family, children, time spent on homework. I don't even work; I got to get a job now. This is not fair at all. If it werent for her I wouldnt be in this mess. I also have loans they should pay. I don't deserve to be in this mess and neither does my family. I am so upset and stressed the heck out. There are several websites that connect dots to this miss-leading company. I am in debt because of these people they placed me in the wrong place. This is very unfair and now I've got to pay for the damage they done unless I can have something done about it. What do I do, what did I do to deserve this mistreatment? Please help me out. I have gone 24 credits in this school and have completely wasted my time. And to top it off, I cannot find ANYONE to transfer my credits to a different school. Many people have this problem with the school. They purposely do this so you get Stuck with their crooked system.
Step 2 of 3

Original Report:

Step 2 of 3

#3 Consumer Suggestion

What's not fair?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

I have four children and I am single.

I don't even work; I got to get a job now. This is not fair at all.

What's not fair?  I'll tell you. LIFE IS NOT FAIR-get used to it.  Here's some examples:

I pay for your kids support.  Where's their daddy (daddies) and the child support?

I pay for your education and your medical needs.

Need I continue?

You should have been WORKING all along to support your kids!

Here's some advice-take some English classes.