Complaint Review: Universal Adcom

• Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: Lindsay — Illinois United States of America
Universal Adcom
Peoria, Illinois United States of America

Universal Adcom Hometown Productions This company is a scam. I used to work for them. Peoria, Illinois

I used to work for this company. I work for them for about 2 months before I quit because I could not continue to lie to people after finding out the truth. The company is nothing but a scam. They will lie to you, over charge you, and charge you even after saying no. If you tell them to put them on their Do Not Call list beware because they won't. They will tell you that you will receive up to 3000 maps but in reality they never send out that many. At times they may only send out 50 to an entire area. They are not associated with any Chamber of Commerce or any other organization in the area.

They are not even allowed to call Oregon because the state sued them for their deceptions. I believe whoever prints the maps is on crack because they will miss spell your name, put the wrong phone number/address on your ad, or print it upside down.

Very Very few people will ever see the maps that they put out. You are lucky if you ever receive your maps at all. They are overpriced for what they do. I call a business in Texas onetime and they informed me that they would not get back on the maps because the maps showed an airport that hadn't been there in 8 years. They do not have up to date maps.
Beware...if someone calls to offer you ad space on a map, ask them if they work for Universal Adcom.

If they say yes then HANG UP. They are trying to change their name Hometown Productions to something else. I don't remember the new name. They have had so many problems that they have to change their name. They have an F with the Better Business Bureau. They are a rip off so beware. Yes they have been around 40 years but they are a SCAM. I am sorry to anyone that I sold an ad to. I didn't know better at the time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Adcom/Peoria-Illinois-/Universal-Adcom-Hometown-Productions-This-company-is-a-scam-I-used-to-work-for-them-Peor-991779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Adcom