Complaint Review: Universal Buyers Club

• Phone: 877-744-3378
  • Web:
  • Category:

Universal Buyers Club THEY SCAMMED ME. Richmond, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: canceling dont really stop charges

I called them to get a Target gift card and for some unknown reason to me actually agreed to give them my credit card information. Well, they had me sign up for two services to get the "gift card" so I did. I immediately called to have the first one cancelled and it was. I wrote down the account number they cancelled and who I spoke to who told me my account would not be charged anything more. I tried to call the second number  for cancelling the second service and it was out of order, so I called the original number that gave me all of this information to get the working number to cancel. I called multiple times, and everytime I called and said that one of the numbers was out of order and I needed the working number to cancel my account, THEY ALL HUNG UP ON ME. I thought that was scary, so I cancelled my credit card. Somehow they still were able to charge my account after I cancelled my debit card.  I googled the name that showed up on my bank account for the charge and found a working number to cancel my account. When I first called it, the gentleman tried to explain that my account had already been cancelled. I told him that was impossible, and then he "cancelled" my account. I have all of the confirmation numbers of cancellation and the names of the people who promised me that my card would no longer be charged and the dates I called. I hope they don't start pestering me with invoices and bills for things I didn't order. It seems like Universal Buyers Club is the mother company for a lot of smaller scams. I don't see how they're still in business. Do not trust them. Do not give them any of your information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2010 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Buyers-Club/Richmond-Virginia-23219/Universal-Buyers-Club-THEY-SCAMMED-ME-Richmond-Virginia-577846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Buyers Club

canceling dont really stop charges

AUTHOR: GeorgeV - (United States of America)

i learned long ago that cancelling a credit card does not prevent further charges to it.
i had it happen in 1995 when i cancelled a nations bank credit card and closed my account cause i moved, well my alarm company that i couldnt get ahold of charged my card for 3 months after i closed the account and i received bank overdraft notices from the bank. I asked how can charges be made to my card and account when the account was closed, they said charges came in and "reopened the account"

what you need to do to really close the account is report your card and checks lost or stolen.

i regularly do this, i mysteriously keep losing my wallet....