Complaint Review: Universal Data Services

• Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Stephanie — San Deigo California United States of America
Universal Data Services
702 Felix St st Joseph, Missouri United States of America

Universal Data Services 702 Felix St Deliberately called after account closed to harrass me. Laughed when I answered said: "enough said" with a room of laughing and hung up st Joseph, Missouri

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please send your complaint to us so we can address this

Universal Data Services was used by Ideal Match (a scam dating company with myriad complaints and aka's) to collect their scam money. I cancelled my contract with Ideal Match and told them to never contact me again, which they didn't, their collection company did. I spoke to the collection company and told them the account was closed, the company was a scam and told them not to call me again. They continued to call, sporadically. I sent a demand letter to Ideal Match and told them I had written them a bad review and was giving them 10 days to return my money and stop harassing me or I would file a lawsuit and they responded through e-mail that they would close the account and that Universal Data would also be cancelled. I then get a call from Universal at 8am and I answer, fully ready to tell them to never call again and instead, a man on the other end of the line says: "Enough said" in the background a whole room of people are laughing and then he hangs up.

I should have guessed they would be unprofessional or part of a scam as well. They are a collection agency for a service that is a scam. However, there are laws that state they are not allowed to call if we tell them not to call. This was a deliberate call just to harass me. Seriously? Companies like these must band together to dupe people and then to harass them. I'd like to know how to file a complaint against both these companies for 1. being a scam and 2. extortion and 3. harassment. What is this world coming to when companies like these operate out in the open and can actually affect our lives and reputation through their tactics? Since I wasn't taught how to deal with people like these, I can at least file a complaint and try and warn others about companies like this. It's apparently a BIG JOKE to them. Now, how do I file a complaint with the powers that be that govern when and if they can call me after I have told them not to?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Data-Services/st-Joseph-Missouri-64501/Universal-Data-Services-702-Felix-St-Deliberately-called-after-account-closed-to-harrass-m-878316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Data Services

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please send your complaint to us so we can address this

AUTHOR: Paytime - (U.S.A.)

Dear Consumer,

The scenario you described in your complaint is alarming and highly out of character for our firm.  Please share this experience with our helpdesk so that we can address it, confirm your issues was with a UDS employee and if so, address it with extreme urgency.  Employees with UDS take and practice the The Collectors Pledge.

"I believe every person has worth as an individual. I believe every person should be treated with dignity and respect. I will make it my responsibility to help consumers find ways to pay their just debts. I will be professional and ethical.I will commit to honoring this pledge."

please contact us via mail at:

Consumer Help Desk
702 felix street
Saint Joseph, Mo 64501

or you can call us at 866.809.3514

or you can email us at: consumerhelpdesk@ugacinc.com

and you can use the form for your complaint via this link

Edward Vasques