Complaint Review: Universal Electronix

• Submitted: Fri, January 29, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 14, 2012

• Reported By: laskin.dj — Charvensod, Aosta Other Italy
Universal Electronix

Universal Electronix universalelectronix.com or universal-electronix ebay PIONEER CDJ-400 GREY USA IMPORT, NO WARRANTY, NO SERIAL NUMBER..LOST ALOT OF HARD EARNED MONEY Internet

*General Comment: Stay well away from them!

*Consumer Comment: Problem with Universal Electronix

Bought a pair of Pioneer cdj-400, I thought it was a UK 220-240v and came with UK/EU warranty.  Someone from their company said it was english model and came with 1 year Pioneer warranty and they will extend the warranty to 2 years if I pay over the phone.  A big mistake!

After placing the order, two days pass by, so I called them back, they said it was shipped and will arrive soon.  After two more days, I get a call from Fedex, they said I had to pay 250 for customs tax.  I called universal-electronix, they said sorry they forgot to mention that they are in USA and ship from USA and I have to pay the customs charges.

their website is http://www.universalelectronix.co.uk/ and even on ebay.co.uk they say they are in UK, when you order, they ship from USA.  Now I know, why they ask to pay on the phone and avoid ebay.

My cdj-400's costed me more than I thought...don't use this company...they are big liars!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2010 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Electronix/internet/Universal-Electronix-universalelectronixcom-or-universal-electronix-ebay-PIONEER-CDJ-400-562120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Electronix

#1 General Comment

Stay well away from them!

AUTHOR: Patienceman - (United Kingdom)

These guys are selling in the UK using various alias' especially on Ebay. I went through the misfortune of purchasing a Home theatre system from them only to find out that it was not even covered under the manufacturers warranty! On top of this they had scratched of the serial number so we could not register the product. Upon further investigation I found out the unit was not even a UK product even though they say it is! This means I would have absolutely no support from the manufacturer at all! :-(

The unit was shipped from the USA and was labelled as a repair to dodge custom duties and export duties here in the UK which is a serious offence. I would guess the company is not even registered and has many scammers and participaters from around the world.

Stay well away from them, you now know why they are cheaper! You have been warned!

Problem with Universal Electronix

AUTHOR: FeeL - (France)

i'm french so i hope that my sentences will be good to be understand, sorry for my bad english

i have a problem with that society, in fact this man (global importz) is a seller on ebay and notify an adress in France on annoucements on ebay, so i have bought a Pioneer CDJ 350 with confidence because i was sure about the transaction that was in France,  so i was very surprised when i have realize that the parcel come from USA !

i'm a little lucky i don't have some more fees, but the seller doesnt want to give me a bill (i'm not sure that "bill" is the right word, in France the word is "facture")

whithout this "bill" i can register my cd player and i cannot have a warranty...

here's my problem