Complaint Review: Universal Energy

• Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Thunder Bay Ontario
Universal Energy
25 Shepard Ave W. Toronto, Ontario Canada

Universal Energy Salesmen telling you that you will save money on your electric or natural gas bill? Toronto Ontario

This company is a complete fraud and convince unsuspecting consumers into purchasing a fixed rate contract so that your heating or gas bills will not go up. This is a total farce. When faced with our new heating bill, we discovered that the hydro bills had doubled. We immeadiately went to Hydro, and the clerk there took one look at our bill, and said "there is your problem, right there, you signed a contract with Universal Energy, and their rates are double from what the actual rates are." We were shocked.

My son, a young man, purchased his first home, and in an attempt to save money, believed these, so called salesmen (and I use that term loosely). In an attempt to cancel the contract, we were told by Universal Energy that we would have to pay a $614.00 penalty. This convinced me that in fact, this was a total scam. Upon more research, I also found out the Hydro rates had not even gone up since 2002, and even if they went up in the near future, it would never go high enough to cover the costs incurred by my son.

This company is a poor excuse for a business, and in my opinion should be shut down. Be aware!!! They will show up at your door, or phone, you, and they are good. They will make this sound so good, that it is hard to turn down. But trust me, when the Hydro companies are telling you that this is a ripoff, then that is what this is. If I can only save a few consumers from getting caught up in this scam, then this is worth it for me.

Thanks, for your time.

Thunder Bay, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Energy/Toronto-Ontario-M2N-6S6/Universal-Energy-Salesmen-telling-you-that-you-will-save-money-on-your-electric-or-natural-426911. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Energy