Complaint Review: Universal Fidelity, LP

• Reported By: Rocket — Vestal New York United States of America
Universal Fidelity, LP
PO Box 941911 Houston, Texas United States of America

Universal Fidelity, LP False Bill Collection Scam Houston, Texas

On 2/7/13 a supposed debt collection agency, Universal Fidelity, LP sent me a written notice saying their client, "Legal Successor of Hollywood Video/ Movie Gallery, INC" says I owed $8.98 from a video I rented way back on 2/28/09.  That is 2 weeks short of 3 years.  They do not show a credit card transaction number.  All of the videos rented are always billed against the credit card supporting the account just in case someone renting the video never brings it back.  They do show a specific video and a rental date which I agree is correct but I returned it in a timely manner.  I have all of my credit card information from the time frame in question and there are no unpaid transactions to Hollywood Video (or anyone else).  As near as I can tell this is a SCAM and I will be sending letters to the appropriate New York authorities (I rented this from a store in NY and live in NY) as well as the appropriate Texas authorities.  I guess it is possible that when Hollywood went out of business employees just walked out and did not ring up the last few days of returned videos.

In any case, I honored all legal obligations and payments and do not owe them a dime.  These guys appear to be trying to bilk money illegally from ex-customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 07:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Fidelity-LP/Houston-Texas-77094-8911/Universal-Fidelity-LP-False-Bill-Collection-Scam-Houston-Texas-1017672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Fidelity, LP