Complaint Review: Universal Fidelity, LP

• Reported By: Anonymous — Portland Oregon United States of America
Universal Fidelity, LP
PO Box 941911 Houston, Texas United States of America

Universal Fidelity, LP Hollywood Video Collections SCAM Houston, Texas

I received a "confidential message" via usps stating that I owe Universal Fidelity, LP $34.86 as a collection effort for the "Legal Successor of Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery, Inc." They state that the charge is originated from three DVDs checked out in '09, months apart. I know my account was fine with NO fees when they closed. Besides, if I had a fee in May of '09 would they have let me rent two more movies 2 and 1/2 months later? I don't think so. I wrote them back (because you can't reach them by phone) via Certified, Return Receipt first class mail and politely said kiss my butt, this debt is false!!! Do not buy into this! There are reports everywhere about these fake claims. Even if it is just $35 that's a lot in the economy!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2012 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Fidelity-LP/Houston-Texas-77094-8911/Universal-Fidelity-LP-Hollywood-Video-Collections-SCAM-Houston-Texas-855361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Fidelity, LP