Complaint Review: Universal Fidelity LP

• Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: Charger1459 — Fontana California
Universal Fidelity LP
po box 941911 Houston, Texas United States of America

Universal Fidelity LP Legal Successor of Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery inc Received collection notice for game rental from 2009 that I do not owe. Houston, Texas

I received a collection notice for a video game rental from 2009 that was rented from Hollywood Video. I rented the game for my son and it was pretty lame so we literally returned it the next day. I have never received any kind of notice from hollywood video that anything was overdue or owed to them. I rarely rented from them. I do not owe this 7.95 and therefor I am not going to pay this.

I have asked other people and so far I know of 2 other people who have gotten simular notices from this company, claiming they also owe for videos or game rentals. They were billed out of the blue from this Universal Fidelity LP company/ for Hollywood Video. I think they just got a hold of Hollywood Video's database and started billing for past rentals, claiming non-payment, in the hopes that their victims will just not hassle it and pay their extortion, just to avoid the hassle of argueing about the fact it is not owed.

When I attempt to call the phone number on the collection letter, it will take you to their automated payment service, but when you attempt to talk to an actual person you never get one. It literally took me to silence after the many promps trying to get to an actual customer service representative.

Do not pay these, this is a scam, Bigtime!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Fidelity-LP/Houston-Texas-77218/Universal-Fidelity-LP-Legal-Successor-of-Hollywood-VideoMovie-Gallery-inc-Received-collec-1038086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Fidelity LP