Complaint Review: Universal Fidelity, LP

• Reported By: Warren — Gilbert Arizona United States of America
Universal Fidelity, LP
15310 Amberly Dr., Ste. 100 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Universal Fidelity, LP rip-off Tampa, Florida

Universal Fidelity, LP is a collection agency trying to collect on unreturned movies from Hollywood Videos fromj March, 2009 (over three years ago!).  Since our local store in Gilbert was shuttered, we returned the movies to a store in Mesa which was still open.  When I asked the manager if we needed a receipt, he said, "No, I'm glad you did the right thing by returning our property."

I had assumed (for the past three years) that he had entered our returns into the system.  Now they want to bill us for $38.32 for the movies we already returned.  At first I thought it was just a scam.  Now I'm thinking they're just throwing out a net seeing what they might be able to be brought in for a share of the pie.  I suppose a lot of people see a letter from a collection agency and pay it.  I'm not willing to do that, especialy when I already returned said movies!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Fidelity-LP/Tampa-Florida-33647/Universal-Fidelity-LP-rip-off-Tampa-Florida-867072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Fidelity, LP