Complaint Review: Universal Fidelity, LP

• Submitted: Mon, May 14, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, May 14, 2012

• Reported By: Carlos — Silver Spring Maryland United States of America
Universal Fidelity, LP

Universal Fidelity, LP Legal succesor of Holywood Video/Movie Gallery inc. Charging for non existent late fees to a company that went bankrupt three years ago. Internet

In April 2012 I received a collection notice from UFLP for a non existing debt of 41 dollars for late fees on seven movies I had supposedly rented from Hollywood Video store on seven different dates in 2009. I called the UFLP phone number and explained that I did not owe such money.

I also explained it did not make sense for every time I picked a new movie, i was required to pay late fees if there was any. The person said i had three options:

a)  pay
b) show proof I had paid
c) refuse to pay

I pointed that i had paid, the debt did not make sense, I will look for legal assitance and they better do not affect my credit reports. The person got upset and in closing said 'have a nice day".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Fidelity-LP/internet/Universal-Fidelity-LP-Legal-succesor-of-Holywood-VideoMovie-Gallery-inc-Charging-for-no-882438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Fidelity, LP