Complaint Review: Universal Fidelity

• Reported By: carla waters — lyons Oregon United States of America
Universal Fidelity
P.O. Box 219785 Houston, Texas United States of America

Universal Fidelity Scamming me out of fraudulent "late fees" Houston, Texas

I just received a letter from Universal Fidelity stating that I owe them 26.91 in "late fees" for movies I rented & purchased over two years ago.

I have never been late on any fees of this kind. This company (Hollywood Video) didn't shut down until 6 months after my last rental form them. In that time, they never informed me that my account showed  any outstanding fees.

The "late fees" that the collection agency "Universal Fidelity" are purporting are purely fictional, possibly based on bad record keeping.

I won't be scammed and strong-armed into paying fees (even 27 dollars) that I don't owe!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Fidelity/Houston-Texas-77218-9785/Universal-Fidelity-Scamming-me-out-of-fraudulent-late-fees-Houston-Texas-855580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Fidelity