Complaint Review: Universal Fleet Card

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:Newark Valley New York
Universal Fleet Card
PO Box 924108 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Universal Fleet Card Sounds like a good program- but grab your wallet Norcross Georgia

This company offers an offer for Businesses to manage their fuel purchases with a Fleet Card that is good at all locations that accepts Master Card. They do have terms of net 12, which is normally fine for me because I pay bills weekly.

I received our first bill via email, and noticed that the statement closing date was 4 days prior to my receiving it in my email box. I sent out payment the next day and thought nothing of it.

Today (5/26/09) I received in my email box a statement from them dated 5/22/09. Included was a late fee of $57.00, because payment was not received "in a timely manner".

I did not pay the $57.00 in late fees, and promptly paid the rest. Then without notice, they shut off the cards, leaving one of my driver's stranded without a fleet card. (no "friendly reminder" phone call was given either to at least warn us)-

I paid all my balance, less the unreasonable $57.00 "late charge", and am not worried about our credit rating, as our rating is outstanding. I would like to warn businesses about doing business with this company. It is an easy way to get a fast $50/month by pre-dating statements, making it impossible to make payments on time, even if you send them out the following day.

I did like their suggestion of setting up an automatic withdrawl system. It would take a fool for someone to give out their bank account to a company like this.

Anonny
Newark Valley, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Fleet-Card/Norcross-Georgia-30010/Universal-Fleet-Card-Sounds-like-a-good-program-but-grab-your-wallet-Norcross-Georgia-455356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Fleet Card