Complaint Review: Universal Ford Sales, Inc

• Updated: Fri, April 06, 2012

• Reported By: James — Bowie Maryland United States of America
Universal Ford Sales, Inc
10751 W Broad Street Glen Allen, Virginia United States of America

Universal Ford Sales, Inc Sales Practice and Selling Lemon Used Cars Glen Allen, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: I don't get it.

*Consumer Comment: Wow..

In mid March 2012, I purchased a Chrysler Crossfire from the above dealership on good faith.  On arrival to the dealership to complete the final paperwork, it was discovered the the car would not start and the dealership's management and service technicians were running around to find out how to get the car running again.  My wife and I took the car for a test drive after they got the car started, and it appeared to be running fine until we returned to the dealership after a very short test drive.  We noticed that two dash warning lights had activated.  I asked about the warning lights and was told that nothing was wrong with the vehicle by the used car manager, Having sold the Crossfire I understand what is right and what is wrong with the Crossfire. I contacted a Chrysler service department locally and explained the concerns that I had with the cars, they stated that it could be a small problem or a large problem and that the dealership should look into it before the sale if completed. Additionally the car was inspected in Virginia, which means nothing at all.  Some mechanic in the back stating that it has four tire and a steering wheel is about it and it passes.  I found the rear tires were bald and that the dealership stated that it passed inspection.

Several weeks later, I received the doctored licensing paperwork arrived to my residence so that I could title the car in Maryland and they in house clerk scratched out the first mileage that was written and replaced it with the true mileage that was on the vehicle when I picked it up.  The documents looked like a 2nd grader had prepared them.  The document were rejected by Maryland MVA due to that issue. Furthermore it has costs me $70.00 to have the car re-inspected, $50.00 to remove illegal tint from the windows and 400.00 dollars for new tires all in less than 30 days.  I would not recommend this company to anyone.  You could do better at a "Buy here Pay here" dealership

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Ford-Sales-Inc/Glen-Allen-Virginia-23058/Universal-Ford-Sales-Inc-Sales-Practice-and-Selling-Lemon-Used-Cars-Glen-Allen-Virginia-864908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Ford Sales, Inc

I don't get it.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" car would not start "  "  two dash warning lights had activated. "  "  I found the rear tires were bald  "

What exactly made you think that this would be a good purchase?    I'm having a hard time imagining what would make you buy a vehicle that you know has obvious issues.   If you knew all this stuff was wrong and still decided to buy it, can the dealer really be blamed?

Granted, the registration documents sound like a valid issue, but everything else???

"  Furthermore it has costs me $70.00 to have the car re-inspected "

Common practice when you buy in one state and you live in another.

$50.00 to remove illegal tint from the windows  "

Also common. Tint laws vary by state.

Wow..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

There is a gap in your story bigger than the Grand Canyon. You go from looking at the car and seeing all of the warning signs, to where the next thing you are doing is complaining about the repairs YOU had to do and the paperwork you got weeks later.

Where the most expensive of these issues is you paying for the bald tires that you noticed BEFORE you bought the car.