Complaint Review: Universal Gas and Electric Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, May 10, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 11, 2011

• Reported By: Suann — Gaylord Michigan USA
Universal Gas and Electric Corp.
PO Box 2210 Gaylord, Michigan United States of America

Universal Gas and Electric Corp. Just Energy The Company did cheat me! Gaylord, Michigan

Universal Gas and Electric Corp. came to my house and convinced me to sign a five-year contract with them to save money on natural gas. This is not true. For over three years, I have overpaid my gas bill 1.149 per cubic instead of 0.69 per cubic according to DTE gas prices.

Three months ago, I tried to cancel the contract but it was not easy. Again, they convinced me to renew the contract for two years with the lower price of 0.79 per cubic so I don't have to pay for the termination fee. Surprisingly, the contract started March 11, 2011 with the new price;  it did not reflect on my bills for two months after.  With great disappointment, I called again to cancel,  despite the written on the new contract, it said if I cancel within 30 days of the first bill, there would be no termination fee.  I had to pay 100 dollars anyway.  And it is not easy to cancel the contract with them.  They keep saying I should wait another month to see the new price on the bill.  Last month they said the same thing.  Nothing happened.

I am extremely tired,  I don't care how much I have to pay, I just want to be done with this mess.  I was so stupid listening to them 3 years ago,  my monthly gas bill has been almost 400 dollars during winter.

I want to let everybody know my mistake.  And I do not wish for this to happen to anyone.  So please be aware of Universal Gas and Electric Corp.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2011 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Gas-and-Electric-Corp/Gaylord-Michigan-49735/Universal-Gas-and-Electric-Corp-Just-Energy-The-Company-did-cheat-me-Gaylord-Michigan-727759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Gas and Electric Corp.