necessity

• Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: rmbongiovi — toledo Ohio
Universal Marketing Group
5454 Airport Highway Toledo, Ohio United States of America

Universal Marketing Group Universal Fulfillment Misleading and diahonest employer Toledo, Ohio

This company (UMG) is a joke. I initially wanted to work for them because they boasted this "flexible schedule" which is what I needed. They hired me and said it was $8.00 per hour or 2% commission whichever was highest (the job was inbound calls for infomercial products). Well I never earned commission. Management controls the call volume each agent receives. I got to be pretty great at selling and I asked for higher volumes of calls. I was denied. The flexible schedule was a lie. I was working 7 days a week and weekends were mandatory as were holidays. I would get into work and find out I was required to work extended hours. I was asked, I was told " you're staying to work 2 extra hours and you'll be in an hour early tomorrow"!

The management was a bunch of people that needed a reality check. I couldn't take it anymore and I quit that place. Beware folks, they really push you to upsell and they use fear and intimidation tactics to "encourage" you. For example they will terminate a good sales agent and say "they couldn't adapt to change" or "they didn't try hard enough". What a shame to those folks. Management operated like the Gestapo with their tactics and other BS! The training manager needs to give up the Reba McEntire wardrobe and get a job at Walmart (complete white trash woman). The sales manager is a real piece of work, good looking though, if he were into guys I'd get him to feel bliss for a few mins ;-)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Marketing-Group/Toledo-Ohio-/Universal-Marketing-Group-Universal-Fulfillment-Misleading-and-diahonest-employer-Toledo-1038326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Marketing Group