Complaint Review: Universal Media Consultants

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: TAKEN — Hurst Texas
Universal Media Consultants
2637 E. Atlantic Blvd #27336 Pompano Beach, Florida USA

Universal Media Consultants Possibly connected with Web Knowledge UMC charged my credit card with $2500 for advertising pkg. I did not authorize or know anything about. Pompano Beach Florida

*General Comment: Questions for Philip

*Consumer Comment: Do not mistake this company with the reputable Universal Media Consultants

Beware of Universal Media Consultants of Pompano Beach, FL.  I signed up for a "starter website" with Web Knowledge of Glendale, AZ for $199.  Then, when I received my c.c. statement, some outfit named Universal Media Consultants had charged my card with $2500 for an "Advertising Package"--which I knew nothing about and had not authorized any $2500, as claimed.  I called U.M.C. then, when I did not receive a return phone call, I reported this to my credit card company and they filed a protest.  U.M.C. then phoned me and claimed I had agreed to this $2500 Advertising Package.  I denied this but they claim to have my I.P. address so , at this point, I do not know where this stands.

I will fight this in court if necessary.

I suspect a connection between U.M.C. and Web Knowledge so beware of doing any business with either of these companies.

Mark, Hurst TX

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Media-Consultants/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33062/Universal-Media-Consultants-Possibly-connected-with-Web-Knowledge-UMC-charged-my-credit-c-1123791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Media Consultants

#1 General Comment

Questions for Philip

AUTHOR: Fact Checker - ()

Philip,

In response to your rebuttal that this is a different entity than the one that you run in Alabama, can you please tell us who Thomas Caldwell and Thomas Cardwell are, found here on the Alabama Secretary of State's website?

Thank you.

Do not mistake this company with the reputable Universal Media Consultants

AUTHOR: Philip - ()

Someone has brought this complaint to my attention. Please do not mistake this company with the legitimate Universal Media Consultants LLC, located in Birmingham, AL. As the founder of that company, I have spent years of satisfying customers without a single complaint.

We do not offer “web” services, such as the one listed in this complaint. In addition, our website does not contain the letters llc in the URL. Once again, this complaint has nothing to do with the company named Universal Media Consultants that is located in Organized in Alabama, doing business in Beverly Hills and run by Philip Cardwell.

If you look at the website listed in this complaint, you can see that it is not connected to my company website: Universal Media Consultants