Complaint Review: Universal Mobile Homes

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Midwest City Oklahoma
Universal Mobile Homes
6220 S. Shields Blvd. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Universal Mobile Homes Lied, Deceptive, Commited Fraud, Unsavory Business Practices Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: SHANE YOU SOLD ME A MOBILE HOME WITH BLACKMOLD IN IT

*UPDATE Employee: Drivers

*Consumer Comment: we got the same thing from shane romee(universal mobile homes by kfc)

1. We had specifically asked that a certain driver, drive our home in and set it up, but this was not complied with and the home and some park property was damaged because of a driver who was incompentent to drive a 16 X 80 mobile. I would certainly never use J & S Mobile Movers again.

2. We paid cash for the home and the salesman Bob Taylor said "hook up money of $2000.00 if there was any money left it would be refunded. When I called and asked Bob how much money was spent he REFUSED to tell me and when I asked him to send an accounting of that money he said "I Can't do that". I then talked to Chuck Arnold who also has a bad attitude. We proceeded to call the company who installed the hookups and found out that the cost was $1908. Universal owes us $92.00. We have seen to this point in time no refund check.

3. The repairs to our mobile were done by the company repairmen who seem to be the only honest people in that group.

Marcy
Midwest City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Mobile-Homes/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73149/Universal-Mobile-Homes-Lied-Deceptive-Commited-Fraud-Unsavory-Business-Practices-Oklaho-341795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Mobile Homes

SHANE YOU SOLD ME A MOBILE HOME WITH BLACKMOLD IN IT

AUTHOR: The Connellys - (U.S.A.)

SHANE I AM GETTING THIS OFF MY CHEST.I WAS SITTING IN THE LIVING ROOM OF MY MOBILE HOME AND I LOOKED AT THE KITCHEN CABINETS AND THEY WEREE LEANING SO I TOOK THE CABINETS DOWN AND I DISCOVERED BLACKMOLD BEHIND THE CABINETS AND I TOOK AND FIXED THE CABINETS MYSELF AND THEN I HAD TO CUT OUT THE BLACKMOLD OUT OF THE WALL AND I PUT NEW SHEETROCK IN IT.I ALSO TOOK THE WOOD PANELING OUT OF THE 1ST ROOM AND I DISCOVERED BLACKMOLD ON THE LOWER WALLS SO I HAD TO CUT THAT BLACKMOLD OUT AND PUT NEW SHEETROCK IN THE WALL.SO SHANE YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE INSPECT HOMES FOR BLACKMOLD BEFORE YOU GO SELLING THE HOMES.I PUT OUT MONEY THAT I SHOLDN'T HAVE HAD TO PUT OUT TO FIX THE CABINETS AND SHEETROCK.SHANE YOU SO CALLED FIXERS ARE A JOKE GET NEW FIXERS TO FIX THE HOMES.

Drivers

AUTHOR: Shaneromee - (U.S.A.)

Thank you Marcy for your comment!!!
I Shane Romee am the finance manager at Universal Homes in okc

we make every attempt to fulfill requests for drivers of the mobile home we sell
however if a customer wants thier home by a certain date we cannot logistically fulfill that request we appreciate your business and wish you well in your endeavors

we got the same thing from shane romee(universal mobile homes by kfc)

AUTHOR: Mike Connelly - (U.S.A.)

we requested the same thing when we bought our home from universal mobile homes but shane was real rude about things and wouldn't let the driver i picked move the home.the mover i wanted to move my home was out of ardmore,ok i have done bussiness with the driver i picked many many times.j&s transport didn't set my home up right they set it up at a angle and not straight.so i will never do bussiness with universal mobile homes or j&s transport if i buy another mobile home i will buy it from J&I mobile homes in ardmore,ok.

the driver i picked was going to drive to okc on a weekday and hook on to my home and have it at the property the day i wanted it at the property.and the driver i picked knew where the property was.J&S tansport had no idea where my property was.i had to go meet J&S transport in madill,ok.to lead them to my property about 10 miles away.after they got it to my property i asked the driver if he got directions he said no and shane didn't tell him i left directions to the property at universal mobile homes.

these people that work for universal mobile homes use the cheapest movers they can find.

if you have to get another mobile home moved i would very highly recommend rick jones from sport trucking.rick is a very good mover and he is very trustable.rick jones may be a little higher on price but he is very trustable.he will answer all your questions about moving a home and he has a very sweet looking truck.