Complaint Review: Universal Orlando

• Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: BroJim — Enterprise Alabama United States of America
Universal Orlando
6000 Universal Boulevard Orlando, Florida United States of America

Universal Orlando Universal Studios Wasted Money, Wasted Time, Wasted Fun Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: You mean Harry isn't going to fly your around IOA on his broom?

Let me start out by saying that this is a true and accurate report of events. Names are withheld to protect the innocent. I am employed by the owner of Universal (GE) so I did not pay the FULL PRICE for the tickets, but it was an expense nonetheless.

My daughter had business in Orlando on Sunday, January 23rd. So we decided to make a weekend trip with FOUR teenagers and TWO adults to Orlando and spend ONE day at Islands of Adventure so we could see the Harry Potter attractions. We arrived shortly before 9am - when the park opened. It was moderately busy.

When we finally made it into the park, we bee-lined for the Harry Potter section. It was wrapped up with people. The kids went one way and we went the other. We tried to ride the "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" ride. After my wife and I stood in line for over an hour, the ride broke down. We waited and waited. The kids were in line behind us. We had to break out of line because one of the teens got sick to her stomach. The other three FINALLY got on the ride after standing in line for over two hours.

My wife and I rode the kiddie coaster in Suess land. (Ride 1).

We had to leave the park with the sick kid and seek medical care. About three hours later we returned and the other three kids had managed to ride about TWO more rides. We reentered the park and they all tried to ride the Hulk Coaster. After over an hour in line - IT broke down. We returned to "The Forbidden Journey" attraction and after another hour in line and THREE more breakdowns, we rode the ride. And it was GOOD. Well put together. (Ride 2)

In the middle of all of this, we got to see the demonstration at the Wand shop. And, of course, we bought a few wands. But that is about the extent of it. I figure the FOUR wands we departed the park with are valued at over $150 each because of the cost of the tickets and the wands themselves.

We TRIED (unsuccessfully) to express our disappointment to someone in the park before we left. It fell on deaf ears. I am sure that is because they hear so many complaints they just become numb.

Bottom line - this will be our last trip to Universal. We will spend our money (same price as one ticket to Universal) for season tickets to Wild Adventures. More bang for the buck.

Save your MONEY and your TIME. Visit ANYWHERE but Universal - they don't care whether or not you are a satisfied customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2011 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Orlando/Orlando-Florida-32819/Universal-Orlando-Universal-Studios-Wasted-Money-Wasted-Time-Wasted-Fun-Orlando-Florida-687442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Orlando

You mean Harry isn't going to fly your around IOA on his broom?

AUTHOR: loki_ - (USA)

We arrived shortly before 9am - when the park opened. It was moderately busy. When we finally made it into the park, we bee-lined for the Harry Potter section.  It was wrapped up with people.
 The kids went one way and we went the other.  We tried to ride the "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" ride.

Please note, there are several annual passholder benefits and vacation packages which allow early admission into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter before Universal's Islands of Adventure has opened to the general public. Although you arrived before the main gate opened, The Wizarding World was already going full-tilt.

After my wife and I stood in line for over an hour and The other three FINALLY got on the ride after standing in line for over two hours.

This is the 12th most visited theme park in the world, servicing more than 6 million guests per year. You came from about 400 miles away; there are people who come from 6,000 miles away to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter coupled with the fact that it doesnt utilize the Universal Express Pass system. Plus its worth mentioning that you went during the weekend.

We TRIED (unsuccessfully) to express our disappointment to someone in the park before we left.  It fell on deaf ears.  I am sure that is because they hear so many complaints they just become numb.

Take a step back from your experience and think about what happened. You went the most popular portion (The Wizarding World of Harry Potter) of the most popular (non-Disney) theme park in North
America (Universals Islands of Adventure), which is based on the most popular movie franchise (Harry Potter) of all-time on a weekend and did not take advantage of any of the many front-of-the-line perks and want to complain about wait times?