Complaint Review: Universal Premium Fleet Card

• Reported By: Bon — Morocco Indiana United States of America
Universal Premium Fleet Card
P.O. Box 923928 Norcross, Georgia United States of America

Universal Premium Fleet Card Pressured into it--now I'm sorry Norcross, Georgia

I responded, after several weeks, to a telemarketers' offer to obtain a Fleet card for fuel for employees' vehicles.  Rebates were attractive and it made sense for an employee to have the convenience.

I waited several weeks before trying the card and was pressured by phone several times to start using it.  I finally did and talked to a rep again and told her we had used the card.  I also told her I didn't have the full disclosure about the rebates.  She said she would e-mail them to me right away.
That never happened.

Our first bill of $94.70 was due on Oct. 27th.  I mailed it on Oct. 23rd to go to Charlotte,NC.  This month I received a bill for $76.07 which was a late fee of $75 and interest of $1.07.  When I called about it they said it was not posted until October 31st, so I was assessed the late fee.  In talking to them I mentioned that this was the first bill I had had with them and that I had sent mail to Charlotte previously in much less time than that. Since this did happen on a weekend, I thought that might make a difference, but no.  The best offer they would give me was to pay 1/2 of the late fee.

When I read the fine print I found that the payment must be received before 7 a.m. on the due date and must clear the bank by then.  The minimum late fee was $75.  I talked to an account manager and received no better offer, so I will pay the $37.50 and close the account.

I now see that I should have done more research on this company and I would have seen that many people have had similar problems.  I hope my message will keep someone else from making this stupid mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Premium-Fleet-Card/Norcross-Georgia-30010/Universal-Premium-Fleet-Card-Pressured-into-it-now-Im-sorry-Norcross-Georgia-965532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Premium Fleet Card