Complaint Review: Universal Prop.& Casualty Ins,Co.

• Submitted: Wed, March 20, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: vinodkumar — lake mary Florida
Universal Prop.& Casualty Ins,Co.
1110 w.commercial blvd. Fort Lauderdale,Fl-33309 Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Universal Prop.& Casualty Ins,Co. JD Insurance & Financial Group,Lake Mary JD Ins.& Financial group issued my home policy on Sep.06,2012,I paid in full that time,I keep receiving mails for my policy cancellation Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Refused to Pay Invoice for Additional Premium as a result in removal of wind mitigation credits they were not eligible for

Universal Prop.and Casualty Insurance Co. office workers are very ridiculous.I have paid my home insurance policy due in full. Even though they keep asking me my due again and again with the cancellation of my policy even I send them proof of my payment in full to them and the worst office workers of JD Insurance & Financial Inc through whom this policy was issued.Right now I am arguing to keep my policy to be continued , but nobody giving me any respond saying we will call you soon.

Vinodkumar
Lake Mary, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Prop-Casualty-InsCo/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Universal-Prop-Casualty-InsCo-JD-Insurance-Financial-GroupLake-Mary-JD-Ins-Financ-1036372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Prop.& Casualty Ins,Co.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: JD Insurance & Financial Group, Inc - ()

The customers homeowners insurance policy was bound on 09/06/2012.  At the time the policy was bound the customer did in fact pay the premium due in full for the year.  The amount that the policy was bound for and paid in full for was $1,371.22.  Our office forwarded all required documentation to the insurance company for processing.

It clearly states in the binder that the policy may take up to 90 days to underwrite to verify all information is accurate and applicable including any discounts that were included at time of binding.  If they discover any discrepencies during the underwriting process and results in additional premium, the customer would be notified directly from the company via regular mail.

During the Underwriting process of 90 days, it was determined by the insurance company that certian wind mitigation credits were removed and they would not reapply them to the policy.

On 11/21/2012 a new declarations page reflecting an additional premium and reason for change was generated and sent to the customer.  An invoice was printed and sent to the customer also for the additional amount due as a result of removing wind mitigation credits.

On 11/29/2012 the insured and our office spoke about the additional premium invoice and new dec page.  Insured says he paid in full and that he will not pay any additional premium.  It was explained to the customer that credits were removed as stated on the amended declarations page and that he owed additional premium since he did not qualify for the credit that was applied originally.  He refused to pay the additional premium invoice.  It was informed to him that he must pay it or it would cancel.  This was also explained to the customer in person at our office by our Customer Service Representative.

On 12/05/2012 the insurance company made a mistake by applying a surcharge for no prior insurance.  We immediately contacted the insurance company and had this removed.  Another declarations page generated showing this was corrected.  A copy of this was mailed to insured for proof that this mistake was corrected.

On 12/23/2012 another invoice was generated and sent to the customer for the additional premium that was due for the removal of wind mitigation credits.  This amount was still unpaid from the 11/29/2012 invoice.  No response from customer at this time.

On 01/29/2013 a cancellation notice was generated and mailed to the insured from the insurance company for non payment of premium due to the removal of wind mitigation credits from the 11/29/2012 invoice.  Cancellation date was effective for 02/12/2013.  No response from customer.

Customer and our office had a conversation on 02/20/2013 that his policy has been cancelled for non payment of premium and he insisted he paid in full.  Again this was explained to the customer that he failed to pay the additional premium for removal of wind mitigation credits.

Our office also offered to requote and rewrite it for him with another company and he agreed to obtain another quote.  Once we provided another quote to the customer, he then said he didnt want it.  We have exhausted our efforts in trying to accomodate for this customer.  If customers do not pay the amount due from the insurance company, the end result is a cancellation.  We have no control in making the payments for our customers, but we do try in every which way to assist them in every way possible to make it easy for them.  We must abide by the rules of the insurance carriers, if the customer refuses to abide by the rules and not comply with payments, the result is a cancellation.  We also did communicate on several accounts to the customer that he owed premium for the removal of credits.  We do return our customers calls in a prompt manner, usually within 24 hours.