Complaint Review: Universal Reading

• Updated: Tue, September 21, 2010

• Reported By: WTF did i do? — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Universal Reading
Johnsons Ferry Place Suite E-30 Marietta, Georgia United States of America

Universal Reading IRL Of Georgia, Premier Readers Service, International Readers League charged my account immediately and charged it twice. Marietta, Georgia

They called at  September 21, 2010, about 11:42am. At first, they were giving a deal about giving me 4 magazines for $4.99, and I will be charged $16.99 every month for the magazine. They said because of my subscription they will give me a diamond watch and $100 worth of gas money. They said I won't be charged for 3-4 months.

Right after their call, around 12:11pm, i checked my bank and they charged me $49.99 and $1 verification fee already. And i don't even remember a $49.99 and a verification fee on the conversation.

I tried to call the number they used to call me but it's disconnected. Then I called my bank but they can't do anything yet but they gave me the company's 1-800 number. I called it but they said my account is not there yet. I have to wait 24-48 hours. And they won't give me my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2010 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Reading/Marietta-Georgia-30042/Universal-Reading-IRL-Of-Georgia-Premier-Readers-Service-International-Readers-League-ch-642810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Reading