Complaint Review: Universal Rewards & Trust Co.

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:riverside California
Universal Rewards & Trust Co.
285 Bay St. , Ontario Canada

Universal Rewards & Trust Co. this will cause you stress and turn your world upsidedown Ontario

i am truly embarassed by what happened to me. did not have a good holiday (out of work) on jan. 2 i recieved this letter with a check, i thought it was junk mail (wish it had been) read it and examined check looking for "not a real check" i though great, what a way to start the year, called the number in letter and guy told me to deposit check than send tax money via western union, gave me address to send it than they would send the rest of the winnings to me, went to my bank 'Wamu', deposited the check they said it would take about a week for check to clear, went home and called univ. rewards and told the that i had to wait for check to clear before i could send them the tax money, week later checked on-line banking, checked had cleared was in my acct. went to bank, was going to withdraw money to send for the taxes, while in line, i thought, let me check with teller, showed her the letter, she said it might be a fraud, she said to me that she would put a hold on check while they did their investigation, i said sure, better safe than sorry, wrong! this wa on thur. she said give her couple days while they investigated, i called her on sat. she said they where still investigating,made a payroll deposit on sat. and a unimployement deposit on sat., on mon. went to make another deposit, (i was going to call on tue. to follow up on winnings check) when i went up to teller she said my acct. had been frozen, have a seat and a branch rep. would be with me, while i was waiting overheard tellers talking among each other about check fraud, was called up shortly after, was told the the check i had deposited appeared to be a fraud and that i could no longer bank with Wamu they would be closing my acct. they made me feel like a criminal, like it was my fault, i'm the one that brought it to their attention, on wed. went to branch and spoke with manager, she was unmoved with situation, and my deposits i made they also put on hold on them, have to wait two weeks for my money, meanwhile that "fraud check" is still in my acct. per mngr. has not been returned or cancelled, its been two and half weeks. anyway, people at Wamu i feel used me as a scapegoat for overlooking situation if i had not brought it to their attention, all i can say now is, "screw Wamu" and the emotionless bitches that i dealt with regarding this matter, so if you ever get a letter like this "THROW IT AWAY"

Joe
riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 11:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Rewards-Trust-Co/Ontario-M9R-2R7/Universal-Rewards-Trust-Co-this-will-cause-you-stress-and-turn-your-world-upsidedown-On-412246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Rewards & Trust Co.