Complaint Review: Universal Rewards & Trust - De-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery On Shoppers

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:Waukon Iowa
285 Bay ST. Toronto, Ontario Canada

Universal Rewards & Trust - De-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery On Shoppers It wasnt directly contacting me, It was actually my mother who received the check in the amount of $4,875 that was intended to pay the $2,875 for the "taxes" due. Her total winnings were $125,000 which of course would be great to me her daughter that needs a new car and herself who could use a new form of transportation also, but as she had suspected it was a major FRAUD! What luck huh! Toronto Ontario

Well the "winnings" weren't sent to me they were sent to my mom. The letter and "check" were enclosed in a regular plain white envelope with no return address on it, the letter enclosed was very plain looking itself, If I were to win $125,000 in a sweepstakes that I didn't even enter mind you I would expect the letter to be in bright colors with BIG, BOLD, BRIGHT letters that say WINNER!!!, we both suspected it to be a fraud as parts of the letter weren't very legit sounding. So my mom had me look it up on the internet before she would cash the "check". I soon realized our suspicions to be true as i had seen it on a couple of websites including yours. Thank you to everyone who helped out in letting people know about the scam and for those of you who fell for it I am very sorry! If only it werent a fraud I would be sitting pretty in a new set of wheels and maybe a new wardrobe too! Darn just our luck.

Tara
Waukon, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Rewards-Trust-De-Lotto-North-American-Sweepstakes-Lottery-On-Shoppers/Toronto-Ontario/Universal-Rewards-Trust-De-Lotto-North-American-Sweepstakes-Lottery-On-Shoppers-It-was-381240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Rewards & Trust - De-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery On Shoppers