Complaint Review: Universal Studios Orlando

1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 407-363-8000
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Universal Studios Orlando Made alterations to my reservations without my knowledge/approval. They changed the resort location and wanted me to pay more even though I had an e-mail of my reservations. Orlando, Florida

I made reservations for the Portofino Bay(Bay view) at Universal Studios Orlando. When I finished making my reservation and paid a deposit, I was given a confirmation # and told I would get an e-mail with confirmation also.

I didn't get the email several days later so I called back. When I did I was told my reservations were for The Portofino Bay (club level). I informed them I did not choose that and it needed to be changed to a Bay view type of room. They said they could change it but it was not the same price I was initially given. I had not received the email so I had to take the "new" price.

At a later time I called to make a payment and was told again I would get an e-mail showing my payment. After waiting several days and no e-mail, I called universal studios and they said they would check the e-mail on file and confirmed my info. Well that's when they informed me my reservations were now at the Royal Pacific(standard view). I told them no I did not have a reservation at Royal Pacific, it's for Portofino Bay. They said they could change it if there was availability, but I would have to pay a price change because the Portofino Bay rooms are more expensive.

I told them I have an e-mail with the confirmation of the Portofino Bay at a certain price and I will not pay more than I was told and have in writing. They would not honor that so I cancelled. I should not have to pay more, again, for what I was told in the intial reservation.

I was told I would be given a full refund since it is outside of the 45 day policy BUT I would have to wait 14days, give or take a day or two, to get the credit back on my card and I would not receive a refund on the travel insurance. I have not seen a credit yet and it's 12 days now. This insurance I think they should refund also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2010 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Studios-Orlando/Orlando-Florida-32818/Universal-Studios-Orlando-Made-alterations-to-my-reservations-without-my-knowledgeapprov-638200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Studios Orlando