Complaint Review: Universal Subscription Agency

• Submitted: Thu, August 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 28, 2008

• Reported By:Saint Geroge Utah
Universal Subscription Agency
6380 Mcleod Dr. Ste. 8 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Universal Subscription Agency Company is tryingto rip me off and screw up my credit report for a cancelled check . Las . Vegas Nevada

I had to young men claiming they were collage kids from AZ tryingto fund a trip to Cancun Mexico come to my door Jan 17,2008 . They were selling magazine subscriptions and i decided to help them out and bought one for a childs magazine that costed $72.00 for a year subscription . I asked him if he could hold the check for a month so i knew it would clear . Of course he said no problem . I didn't get left with a recipt but with a pieace of paper that had a smiley face on it and something else that i was supposeot keep and show if another student came to my door .

Jan 27th comes and the check bounces my account thank god in a way . I told my husband to put a stop payment on it because they were not suppose to run it till Feb, 17 2008 . He did and we thought that would be the end of it . June 12th , 2008 I recieve a letter from a debt collector claiming i owe them $216.00 . I call them which by the way they are located in MN . And they inform me that the exact total is $350.00 not $216.00 for late charges and fees for not paying the $72.00 . i tell them that i stopped payment on the check and that i never recieved anything and they are telling me pay it or it will be going on your credit report . I found the lawfirm that is over this debt collection company and they are working with me now .

The Better buisness bureu cannot do anything and i will have to send in a compaint to the Consumor affairs bureu . Hopefully by providing all this proof i have with the lawfirm i can get this account closed that they have opened and everything will be fine . For those of you that have salesmen come to your door do not subscribe . It is a really big fraud and the BBB cannot catch up or contact these ppl to shut them down . Good luck and i would wish this on noone .

Alexis
Saint Geroge, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2008 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Subscription-Agency/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89120/Universal-Subscription-Agency-Company-is-tryingto-rip-me-off-and-screw-up-my-credit-report-367988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Subscription Agency