Complaint Review: Universal Subscription Agency

• Submitted: Wed, May 02, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 02, 2007

• Reported By:Richardson Texas
Universal Subscription Agency
PO Box 94107 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Universal Subscription Agency (USA) Failure to Refund Las Vegas Nevada

On 3/14/07, two young men knocked on my apartment door. The gentleman explained that they were selling magazines to earn money for their senior trip, and that the top seller would earn a trip to Cancun.The gentleman convinced my wife to purchase two magazines, and issue individual checks for each.

On 3/17/07, I sent by certified mail, the approved cancellation notices, and requested a return receipt.
I received the return receipt from the United States Postal Service.

On 04/02/07, I left a voice message for USA to contact me regarding refund status. USA did not return my phone call.

On 04/03/07, I called USA again, and spoke with Merrill. Merrill acknowledged that the cancellations were received on time, but that the checks had already been deposited. Merrill suggested that I could email or fax front/back copies of the cleared checks as proof that they were deposited, and not returned. Merrill further suggested that refund would be sent 24-48 hours after receipt of the images, or 38 days after the deposit of the check.

On 04/04/07, I emailed USA with images of the front/back of my cleared checks, and received an auto-response from their server.Having received no refund by 04/20/07, I contacted USA again, and left a voice message, which was never returned.

Six separate times, on 04/23/07, I contacted USA to speak with them, but nobody answered, and their voice mailbox was full, and not accepting new messages.

Also on 04/23/07, I emailed USA to obtain status on the refund. USA did not respond.

Another voice message was left for USA on 04/25/07, and again on 04/26/07, twice.

Again on 05/02/07, I attempted to contact USA, but their voice mailbox is full, and not accepting messages.

So, here I sit, with $110 tied up by USA, which it appears will never be returned, just like my phone calls and email messages.

Richardson, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2007 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Subscription-Agency/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89193/Universal-Subscription-Agency-USA-Failure-to-Refund-Las-Vegas-Nevada-246502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Subscription Agency