Complaint Review: Universal Tax Group

• Reported By: Landsape Swindle — La Quinta California
Universal Tax Group
68778 E Palm Canyon Dr Cathedral City, California USA

Universal Tax Group Independent Contractor Scandal Cathedral City California

In May of 2012 John Kroll hired my company to do some landscape work, which includes installing 10 tons of decomposed granite, planting 100 plants, irrigation, sod and cleanup.  He signed a proposal with the items requested, but noted on the contract that if the job were to take longer than 5 days there would be a penalty of $300.00 a day after the fifth day.  As an experienced landscaper I knew the job would not take more than 5 days.  Come to find out John Kroll intentions were to cheat me from the beginning because he tried everything to slow us down by shutting off the water to the property and hiring other contractors to work on projects that were indirect way of our work.

Even with the obstacles we were able to finish on time, which required working 12 hour days and at a fast.  After completion I had a hard time getting in contact with John Kroll.  It took a couple days and when I eventually met with him at his office in Cathedral City (Universal Tax Group) for a scheduled visit he had me waiting for an hour to meet with him.  While waiting to see him he had his secretary collect all the invoices for the materials purchased to make sure I had used the $2800 deposit on the materials for his property.  When I eventually met with him in his office, he immediately he was not going to pay because the job was not done to his satisfaction.  I didn’t know what to say because he had stopped by the job a couple times walked around and left without saying anything.  I knew the job was done to contract specifications and each and every neighbor had come over to the job and commented on how good it looked.

After accepting the fact that I was not going to get paid, I left his office and filed a small claims case against John M Kroll.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate him to serve him up to this point. Once I get in front of a judge I will be able to show the before and after photos that do not lie.

I have spoken with 4 other parties that have been cheated out of money with work for John Kroll.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Tax-Group/Cathedral-City-California-92234/Universal-Tax-Group-Independent-Contractor-Scandal-Cathedral-City-California-1055754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Tax Group