Complaint Review: Universal Timeshare SA

• Reported By: Bill — Clarksville Indiana United States of America
Universal Timeshare SA
14525 SW Millikan Way Beaverton, Oregon United States of America

Universal Timeshare SA Scammed us out of $950 Beaverton, Oregon

In May 2012, my wife received a phone call from Universal Timeshare saying they had a buyer for our Florida timeshare. "Mike" convinced my wife to give him our credit card number for a $950 up front charge for selling this condo for $9,500. My wife, undergoing treatment for a lymphoma cancer, thought the sale of our condo at this price would help us with our medical bills.

By the time my daughter found out about this, the transaction had gone through on our credit card.

We filed a claim with the credit card company, however, three months later we received notification that we were responsible for the charge. My daughter and I tried to get our money back from Universal Timeshare SA to no avail.

As senior citizens, we were taken advantage of by these scammers, and paying this has put a crunch on our finances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2012 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Timeshare-SA/Beaverton-Oregon-97005/Universal-Timeshare-SA-Scammed-us-out-of-950-Beaverton-Oregon-938690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Timeshare SA