- Report: #900503
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Universal Timeshare SA
Universal Timeshare SA14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite #17820 Internet United States of America
Universal Timeshare SA timeshare resale , Internet
*Consumer Comment: Universal Timeshare & Royal Elite Timeshare Scam
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Universal Timeshare Sales Associates contacted my mother, and she referred them to me since I have been attempting to help them. Universal Timeshare SA made the following false claims:
- Universal Timeshare is a member of a government website -- netcheck.com (NetCheck is NOT a government organization)
- NetCheck awards a rating of 99 out of 100 to Universal Timeshare. As proof, go to www.netcheck.com and do a search for Universal Timeshare (what you get is a search engine response, listing an entry for Universal Timeshare, that the search engine indicates is a 99% match to your request).
- Universal Timeshare had a client who was looking for a property like the one my parents were selling and were willing to pay $50,000.
We modified their sales agreement (by hand, but before signing) and stated that if we were not put in touch with a buyer within 30 days, Universal would return any fees or we would consider the transaction to be fraudulent. Universal accepted the agreement and charged $1800 against a Bank of America Master Card.
In addition to the $1800 fee, there appeared a $54.00 "Foreign Transaction Fee" on the credit card. There had been no word of this fee in advance, and there had been no indication that Universal Timeshare was actually offshore in the Dominican Republic (they maintain an office in Beaverton, OR, that is on all of their documents).
Universal Timeshare immediately began stalling: the people were interested, but had to wait a month. They were interested, and had to clear a credit check. They were interested, but were having difficulty getting credit. Then silence.
We asked for the money back, and received an offer of a partial refund, which we refused. We disputed the credit card transaction with Bank of America, within 30 days of the original transaction. Bank of America says that they cannot recognize the modified contract, per their agreements with businesses.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2012 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Timeshare-SA/internet/Universal-Timeshare-SA-timeshare-resale-Internet-900503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.